Pants are pants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wardy

I've been using two different padded cycling pants - one Endura and the other Altura - for a while and I find that within a few miles the legs, especially the inside leg bit (Endura 10cm Altura 7cm long) ride up creating a very uncomfortable wedge of gathered material. I've considered using sticky tape to anchor the ends of the legs to my thighs but don't really fancy the resultant hair removal at the end of a ride. Can anyone please recommend a pair which are longer and stay put?:blush:

flying start

Veteran
ive been looking at the endura 3/4 bibs are these the same as yours??

sorry im no help!!

OP
OP
Wardy

Wardy

Do you mean underpants? If so the ones I bought from Aldi last year are fine. I notice Lidl will be selling cycling gear (including padded underpants) on Monday, so I'll buy a pair or two of those as well.

If you do go to Lidl to look for them on Monday, be sure to get there early, as otherwise you might find what you want has already gone.

http://www.lidl.co.u...s.xsl/index.htm
Thanks for that. Only snag is you don't know what their sizes are like. Can't very well try them on beside the fruit and veg!:ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
I went from padded undershorts, to padded liner shorts (came with my Endura Humvees) and have now moved onto bib shorts.
No going back now, the bib shorts are sooooo comfy
thumbsup.png

Cubist

Still wavin'
What? A pair of cycling shorts under me longs? It's bad enough wearing nappy-like underdungers!:blush:
[/quot

I would have given the same advice as Fossy. A proper pair of cycling shorts fit tightly, and have silcone grippers to stop them riding up like you describe. I wear bibshirts under my Enduras. The undershorts you describe in your OP are the single most shitest piece of cycling kit I own. They came as a liner in a pair of Altura shorts.

OP
OP
Wardy

Wardy

I went from padded undershorts, to padded liner shorts (came with my Endura Humvees) and have now moved onto bib shorts.
No going back now, the bib shorts are sooooo comfy
thumbsup.png
Trouble is Potsy, I couldn't do with all the extra stuff above waist level. And from the pics I've seen, the legs don't seem to go southwards any more than what I've already tried.

Top Bottom