Paris - Dijon or Paris - Epernay Credit Card touring route advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozatron

The Brains of the Operation has granted me 3-4 days next year to go for some credit card touring...

I've pretty much decided that the route will be Paris to Dijon / Beaune or Paris to Epernay / Reims (if the second then probably by a very circuitous route) with the idea of doing 3-4 days @ ~100km / day.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to routes - and please feel free to tell me why my destinations are wrong and where I should be going instead...

Thanks

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd do Paris - Auxerre - Chablis - Burgundy Canal - Dijon / Beaune meself, but that's because the food and wine are better as you head that way. IMHO, obviously.
I assume you don't live in Paris? I'd get the train out of Paris rather than cycle through the suburbs. About 30 mins should do it, probably from the Gare du Lyon.
Give us a few more details, if you could. Where you're starting out from, how you're getting to Paris, that sort of thing.

OP
OP
Lozatron

Lozatron

Thanks Thedoctor! I think you've understood me perfectly.

I live in London and will be travelling by eurostar - my brother lives in Paris and we have others joining from Basel and Singapore. I will plan to get the train back from where w end up back to Paris and then eurostar.

Idea is for 3-4 days enjoyable touring with good food and wine.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Right. What I'd do is this.
Check out ViaMichelin - the route planning bit has an option for cycling routes. It won't plot a bike route of more than 200 km, so choose a point in the middle and get route for Paris - Chablis (say) and then Chablis - Beaune / Dijon or wherever.
I'd personally get a train out from central Paris to the edge of the suburbs. Your bro will probably have some ideas here, but essentially get a train that's going towards Auxerre and get off after about half an hour.
The Logis de France chain has gone a bit pricy IMHO but you could do a lot worse for finding hotels that do good food.
You will need a bike bag for Eurostar. They're about £35 and up, or you could find someone who's got one and is in London regularly and buy him a beer. Cough cough;)

Top Bottom