Passengers shouting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozcs

Guru
Some chav who was a passenger in a knackered old Fiesta decides to lean out of the window and shout "oi" at the top of his voice as their car passes....

Scared the life out of me, I was so angry swore back for them to stop and chased them - you could see them panic as they got stuck in traffic. Good job for me the traffic cleared and they drove off.

Since I started cycling a few months ago I've learned to take close passes and left hooks and people pulling out in my stride, they don't wind me up any more as I expect them and try to ride accordingly, I just tut to myself and shake my head. It's like I accept that some people are idiots and shouldn't be allowed on the roads. But when someone does this on purpose it makes my blood boil.

No one has ever shouted like that to try and scare me in the street so why when someone is on a bike does this happen?

:angry:

goody

Veteran
I'd rather be shouted at than spat at or have things thrown at me.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It happens to me occasionally simply when I am out walking, with some people wearing 'Scream' masks in the process.

Simple entertainment for simple souls and all that....

Chutzpah

Über Member
Had both shouting and the honking of the horn as the car drives past.

Honking both whilst climbing up a steep steep hill (and I know it wasn't for a 'valid' reason, I saw the fat woman driving laugh as she drove past) and whilst going pretty fast along a straight road (and on that occasion I saw one of the young occupants high five the driver as they sped off down the road).

No, I don't get it either.

Jezston

Über Member
I've noticed that I've become more sporty looking than tootler looking that I've stopped being the victim of such hilarity. I guess teenage spods are less likely to try it on with someone who looks like they are reasonably fit.

400bhp

Guru
I'd agree with that.

It's easy for me to say sat here, typing away, but just ignore them.

Although, admittedly once every so often its perhaps not a bad thing to let off steam.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
One thing worse than people shouting, is dogs! Either on the pavement or in a car, they always bark as loud as possible when they pass you. At least with a car, you can hear it coming. but dogs can screech very loudly. I had one this evening which scared the living daylights out of me.

Pull up alongside car in traffic, knock on window, and inform driver..

"You know I've got one of those as well"

Then demonstrate just how well the AirZound works at close range... and watch the driver's face

Now THAT is funny.

Pointless, childish, gains absolutely nothing really, but funny

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had it, reported the car, and the police went knocking. :biggrin:

Thomk

Guru
Not long ago a moron passanger in a van opened his window and giggled as he sounded an air horn at me as they overtook. I passed him at the lights and he stared straight ahead when I looked at him. He then predictably did the same thing as they passed me again. If I had my camera at the time and/or recorded their number plate I would have reported him to the police.

ohnovino

Large Member
I don't get angry at them any more, I just feel sorry for them. Imagine how empty their life must be if shouting at strangers counts as entertainment. Very sad.

calibanzwei

With the long hair I get 'hippy' all the time, even on foot. I'd show the buggers how eco friendly I'm not if I could catch them
thumbsup.png

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I had a woman beeping and swearing at me for pulling into the cycle reservoir at the lights (yeah, really), even though the lights were very much red (and these lights are one red for AGES!)

I ignored her at first, but she kept doing it, so I turned around pointed at her and then mimed eating a box of chocolates whilst crying and then ballooning in weight (she was a bit hefty). She shut up then, And looked a bit sad.

Pull up alongside car in traffic, knock on window, and inform driver..

"You know I've got one of those as well"

Then demonstrate just how well the AirZound works at close range... and watch the driver's face

Now THAT is funny.

Pointless, childish, gains absolutely nothing really, but funny

Now THAT persuades me to get one - pronto. :whistle:

calibanzwei

I had a woman beeping and swearing at me for pulling into the cycle reservoir at the lights (yeah, really), even though the lights were very much red (and these lights are one red for AGES!)

I ignored her at first, but she kept doing it, so I turned around pointed at her and then mimed eating a box of chocolates whilst crying and then ballooning in weight (she was a bit hefty). She shut up then, And looked a bit sad.

laugh.gif

Top Bottom