Pat Rohan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Finally finished the Rohan View attachment 545918
looks very nice, may I suggest now you have some free time , a coat of varnish on your garden table before the winter 😂

Bambosz

Regular
Hello,
I’ve just seen one of Pat Rohan bikes, which I could potentially buy for restoration, so tried to get some infos on what kind of brand it is/was.
Unfortunately there are not so many information about this brand, just single posts here and there on particular bike models.
Not even a single word about the history of this brand.

So decided to post this thread, asking you to share all details you know about Pat Rohan?

Where and when these bikes (or maybe only frames) were built? Any bike guideline (on how to recognize a particular year or model)?

Will be also having some pictures of the one I’ve seen,in a few days, so can share it too...

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello Tom and :welcome:to the forum.

I believe he had a shop in Rayners Lane and made his own frames. I don’t know when the shop closed down but may have been in the nineties. Last two letters of the frame number may indicate year of manufacturer. Quality frames.

Bambosz

Regular
Hello guys,
Thanks for all your recent feedbacks.
Going further with my investigation, here are sample photos of this particular "beauty" I'm trying to become a friend... ^_^
It is built with a mix of Shimano, Italian, but also French :blink: components.

Any clue what period of Pat Rohan history it came from (frame year, frame material, anything you have in mind when looking at it...)?
Will be also interested to estimate its potential value...

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Pat_Rohan_3.jpg
Pat_Rohan_1.jpg

OP
OP
velohomme

velohomme

It is same colour as the one I had in 1964. Even down to the bar end shifters.
There was really nice one on ebay full Campag Record that went for around £800 a couple of years ago.

Bambosz

Regular
Thanks guys.

This one has no Campagnolo on board unfortunately, what makes the price usually :sad:.

Tom

classic33

Leg End Member
Pat Rohan
451 Rayners Lane,
Pinner,
Middlesex

Telephone: 020 8868 6262

Bambosz

Regular
Pat Rohan
451 Rayners Lane,
Pinner,
Middlesex

Telephone: 020 8868 6262
Thanks, but not sure whether I got the point. It is Cycle King located there currently. Will they help with my questions on Pat Rohan? :eek:
I was sure they’ve just taken over the place - no connection with the past...

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks, but not sure whether I got the point. It is Cycle King located there currently. Will they help with my questions on Pat Rohan? :eek:
I was sure they’ve just taken over the place - no connection with the past...
As far as I could tell, they took over the business, lock, stock and barrel. So may be able to help.

One other thing I found was there was a Pat Rohan frame builder in Dublin. The two have no connection to each other.

Hi good evening.
I just stumbled across this thread about your Pat Rohan frame.
Pat sadly passed away earlier today(he was my uncle) but seeing his bikes being restored is amazing. In due course I will try and get you some more information but yes Pat and his wife owned and ran Rohan’s cycles in Rayners Lane until they eventually sold up and moved to little Hampton.

I’ll dig out some more information for you when I can.
Matt

Top Bottom