Paula Radcliffe fit for NY Marathon! Again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
????

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
well done paula. she tried so hard on the track and got nowhere in real terms. switched to marathons and has become the greatest woman ever. what's not to respect?

Pottsy

PaulB said:
Funny that, innit?

Ever run a marathon? Trained for one? Been injured when training for a marathon? Been a world class endurance athlete?

Got any idea what you're talking about?

Pottsy

Sorry, PaulB must be right with his implication, because obviously she loves being injured, is unsuccessful, strapped for cash and really wouldn't like an Olympic medal.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
just read his previous posts. i think he thinks he is controversial. not worth responding and feeding his pleasure.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Don't be hard on PaulB (not PaulA;)). He, himself, would rather go to work for nothing and prefer to work for the glorification of a jingoistic public.

You've only got so many pay days at the top end of marathon running and whilst I, personally, don't believe she has ever ducked representing GB unless through lack of fitness, so what if she chooses to run for money.
100m runners can run 3 times a week - it's different for endurance events like that.

yello

Out of interest, is there drugs testing for these marathon events? I mean, outside of the Olympics etc.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Pottsy said:
Ever run a marathon? Trained for one? Been injured when training for a marathon? Been a world class endurance athlete?

Got any idea what you're talking about?

I have a marathon PB of 2.36 so to answer the first part of your question, yes. I haven't been world-class but it wasn't for want of trying, thanks.

Well I would just love to see some of those who have a dig at her line up alongside her at the start line:laugh:, or better still join her on a training run and prey that it wouldn't be track session;)

Athletes with her talent are few and far between and have a very limited shelf life/earning capability and target races that will pay the bills/secure the future as well as turn up and produce the goods as and when the UK give her the nod...........some folk need to try her shoes on and see how it would affect them;)

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
It just seems very telling to me that when it's for medals she's on the missing but when there's money involved, look at her go.

Top Bottom