Paula Radcliffe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's odd, isn't it, that come the Olympics or other major championships, the golden girl of British athletics is always crocked but come the New York or London marathons, (ie where there's money and not glory involved) she's as fit as the proverbial? Or am I being cynical?

Alan Biles

You could say the same about Andy Murray.

But after last night's performance in the 20/20, you definitely couldn't say it about the English cricket team.

PaulB said:
It's odd, isn't it, that come the Olympics or other major championships, the golden girl of British athletics is always crocked but come the New York or London marathons, (ie where there's money and not glory involved) she's as fit as the proverbial? Or am I being cynical?

No, not at all! ;)

And the pathetic performance shown by the England 'cricket' team just shows that if money comes above pride and passion as an incentive to win, then you will (more often than not) fare badly!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Totally disagree. Paula's amazing...I can't believe she's that money motivated!! I have no idea why she doesn't seem able to do the Olympics but the woman is fantastic!

Mr Phoebus

Why don't they do a 'nodding' Paula Radcliffe for car parcel shelves?

simoncc

PaulB said:

She's a professional athlete. She runs for money. Like anyone she is free to do work she wants and to turn down work she doesn't want.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
simoncc said:
She's a professional athlete. She runs for money. Like anyone she is free to do work she wants and to turn down work she doesn't want.

Indeed. In fact, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Am I remembering right, or wasn't she out in the lead at the Greece Olympic Games and cried like a baby when she couldn't carry on. This time she hadn't been able to train properly because of a stress fracture. She appeared to be limping a bit when she came into the stadium. If she'd been properly professional, she wouldn't have taken part in that race at all.

Top Bottom