Laptop RAM, DDR2, 2x4GB sodimms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

netman

Veteran
Needing some SODIMMs to complete renovation of two laptops.
Old: 2x4GB sticks DDR2-800/PC6400
Even older: 2x1GB sticks DDR333/PC2700

TBH, the DDR2-800 is a bit of a shot in the dark, while the older stuff was very common once.
Ta!

I work in IT, so will have a look around the office - we usually have bags of old stuff lying around... you may be lucky! Might take me a few days...

I work in IT, so will have a look around the office - we usually have bags of old stuff lying around... you may be lucky! Might take me a few days...
Thanks, much appreciated!
Stuck in hospital just now, so can't do much for a few days!

Can't help with the Ram, but I wondered why you want to renovate rather than getting new machines?

Hope you get well soon. :hugs:
These machines are usually given to me when replaced. They are very often sold at minimum spec, and topping out the RAM can significantly improve performance. Also, it's fun, and they are saved from just being binned. Far too many computers are not fully utilised. I am the @SkipdiverJohn of computers!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have some DDR 2 ram that falls between the specs you mention PC2-5300 but not in the sizes you want.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll have a bit of time in hospital to fix 'em up anyway. I upgraded our laptop with a 1TB SSD whilst I was in - copied over the main drive, swapped them round and fitted the second HD (big laptop with space for 2 drives) - I had all the bits out on my hospital bed table - not like I was going anywhere.

You'll have a bit of time in hospital to fix 'em up anyway. I upgraded our laptop with a 1TB SSD whilst I was in - copied over the main drive, swapped them round and fitted the second HD (big laptop with space for 2 drives) - I had all the bits out on my hospital bed table - not like I was going anywhere.
Quite possible! But would prefer do it at home.
Going to escape from here for a few hours later.

Top Bottom