Pc World .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
After School yesterday we took our girls to said establishment .

To purchase the latest Ipod Touch .A gift for working hard at School.

Why we chose PC was they had an offer on .Buy an Ipod and get an Itunes £25 card for free.

So salesperson gets two said items and begins to do the transaction .I asked for the two cards .That offer finished today .Sorry it is only 15-45 pm i told him .Get the Manager .He then goes upstairs .No deal .Offer was taken off today .

I show him the three cards under the secure Ipods showing all the deatils of items .With the offer still on .

Oh

Where is the Manager .Upstairs .Off i go .Sorry cannot process itunes cards offer finished today .Time i point out just after 4pm .Shop still open ,still today i points out .Tell him about the product cards downstairs ,those cards give the expiry date of offer .No they don't said i .

He would not budge .So i told him he had just lost a sale of nearly £500.

Went back downstairs .And somebody had removed the three cards from the display .

Went to Argos and bought them .

Not impressed with PC world .

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Having worked for Dixons Stores Group in the dim and distant past I can honestly say that I am not surprised.

TBH I am surprised that they haven't gone down the pan.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I'm not. They exist still beause most people associate them with the purchase of technology on the High Street. Where else springs immediately to mind?

I prefer to do business with a highly rated computer building company. I can order over the internet and choose to either pick up the goods or ask them to deliver. They always answer the phone if I have a query, and I always get to speak to a pleasant, well-mannered human being who genuinely wants to help. They built my current system to my specifications, after I had tried to obtain a similar system from PC World where I had the temerity to refuse to pay the brand new price for a system which had been switched on as part of their display for several weeks. No discount was negotiable and it was the only one left in the whole country. Tell it to the fairies.

Rant over, go to the real experts. A little research on the net will point you in the right direction.

darth vadar

Über Member
I'm not. They exist still beause most people associate them with the purchase of technology on the High Street. Where else springs immediately to mind?

I prefer to do business with a highly rated computer building company. I can order over the internet and choose to either pick up the goods or ask them to deliver. They always answer the phone if I have a query, and I always get to speak to a pleasant, well-mannered human being who genuinely wants to help. They built my current system to my specifications, after I had tried to obtain a similar system from PC World where I had the temerity to refuse to pay the brand new price for a system which had been switched on as part of their display for several weeks. No discount was negotiable and it was the only one left in the whole country. Tell it to the fairies.

Rant over, go to the real experts. A little research on the net will point you in the right direction.

I am sure we'd all be interested to know who they are.

Or are you keeping it a secret ?

I enjoy winding them up.......

Can I have that at the internet price please (35% off shop price)?

No you can't....

Ask for manager and get same answer

Excuse me a second.......

Get on Phone and call PCWorld sales line, and order same item to "Collect at store"

Then give manager the sales number to the Manager and point out that he will be accepting the internet price!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
eh? Is that how it works?? That's completely loopy!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Their staff "loose"a small part of an item (Remote control, charger, etc) the store then can't sell it for full price, so they sell it dead cheap.  Staff get first pick .......

Shaun

Founder
I stopped using them years ago too.

I went to buy a printer for use in my business. I wanted to pay cash. I was asked to pay a different (higher) price because I wanted to pay cash.

I query it with a salesman - "But I want it at the cheaper price you are advertising here" - point at sign with cheaper price in bold black text - "look, that's sixty quid cheaper than what you want me to pay at the till. You must have the price wrong on your tills."

"No that's right. That's the price for business customers only."

"Eh?, I am a business customer."

"Then you need to buy it through your PC World Business account."

"But I don't have a business account with you."

"Then you can't have it at the cheaper price."

"But I've got cash. Pound notes. Sterling. Wonga. COLD HARD CASH!!!!!"

"To get it at the lower price you have to buy it through a business account. Do you want me to open one for you?"

"If I open an account, can I settle the balance straight away now with my cash?"

"No, you won't be able to do that. You'll have to wait for your statement and pay when you get it."

"Fine. I'll buy it somewhere else then."

"Okay then.", and off he wanders to chat to his mate again.

I left, dumbfounded - he just didn't want to take my cash. Bizarre.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yep. We've got an own brand desktop that we bought from PC World a few years ago and it's crap. Always been crap and we've spent quite a lot trying to get it fixed. Never again.

Top Bottom