Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIGSESAL

Is anyone doing this event? Or has anyone done it in the past?

I am thinking about signing up for it and would like some details. I would imagine that there are few big hills on the route. What would be a good finishing time for a first timer at 50 miles?

Check out some of the similar threads at the bottom of the page a few of us done it last year, we weren't really bothered about time its too crowded to set a fast pace anyway and we had a grand day.

Dougster

I've done it for the last three years. Good organisation, great food stop at Linlithgow, if the prevailing wind is blowing it's fairly straight forward, only one serious hill as far as I can remember. Go for it.

Check out a the main thread here.

I'm almost certainly doing it. It's not a hard ride (a five year old completed it last year!). I was a bit sore by the end, but this was the first time that I had ridden any more than 9 miles at a time. I wouldn't take part in this with any concerns for your ride time. There are too many cyclists on the roads to be able to put in a good time (unless you start very early). It's more of a social-mass participation thing, which is in iteslf worth taking part for.

OP
OP
BIGSESAL

BIGSESAL

Ok stills sounds good. I suppose if I am going to start doing cycling events it is best to start with one that is well supported with a friendly atmosphere. Lets hope I get my wages today and then I will definately be signing up. Oh and I will remember to bring my copy of CTC magazine incase there is a chance of a Magnatom autograph.

BIGSESAL said:
Oh and I will remember to bring my copy of CTC magazine incase there is a chance of a Magnatom autograph.

:biggrin:

I was just talking about you the other day, saying how you seem to be developing into quite a exceptional young man... ;):biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
HLaB said:
Check out some of the similar threads at the bottom of the page a few of us done it last year, we weren't really bothered about time its too crowded to set a fast pace anyway and we had a grand day.

Sorry but who was setting the pace??:biggrin:

It was a good day out :ohmy:

magnatom said:
Aye HLab did push us a wee bit! :tongue::becool:

I think I beat him over the line! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom