Pedals, cleats and shoes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geopat

Über Member
Ok, while since I posted. My old Sirrus could do with new pedals as the toeclips are getting rusty and apparently a great upgrade are the pedals which clip to your cycling shoes. I take it I therefore would need the pedals, cleats and new shoes - I have Nike cycling shoes at the moment??

If so any recommendations for a good value package....no point spending too much on this bike.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any holes on the bottom of your cycling shoes at the moment?

OP
OP
geopat

geopat

Über Member
Ooops they do have 2 holes in each of them which have screws in them...what else do I need? Will the Shimano pedals be ok? Will I need to buy cleats? Will all cleats fit my shoes? Thanks

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Shimano SPD pedals come with cleats so if your shoes have 2 holes all you need are the pedals. Crank Brothers are also 2 hole cleats but I've only ever had Shimano.

som3blok3

+1 for the M324 pedal, any SPD shoe will work on the clipless side (thats a confusing statement right there) and you can use any shoe/flip flop/bare foot on the other side. Great purchase, might go rusty after a while though, mine are........

Ooops they do have 2 holes in each of them which have screws in them...what else do I need? Will the Shimano pedals be ok? Will I need to buy cleats? Will all cleats fit my shoes? Thanks

Yip thats them; remove the bolts and fit cleats :-) 2Holes you'll need mtb type cleats Shimano SPDs are the most readily available but you could go for another 2 bolt mtb cleat and the matching pedals if you wanted like crank brothers. Oh and cleats will come with the pedals so you won't have to buy them separately. I think the cheapest are the M520 double sided type (or similar) but a lot of folk prefer the dual sided type (cleat one side, flat the other) it makes it easier to cycle in normal shoes on that trip to the pub ;-) So all you really need to do is buy the pedals :-)

Top Bottom