Pedestrians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
How long till someone mentions that you didn't use a bell and that you cycled on the pedestrian side.

monkeypony

That looks like a really annoying way to travel.

For the speed you were travelling at you may as well have got off and pushed!

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Excellent.:thumbsup:

My old bike had brakes that screamed like a banshee even at low speeds. Scared the bejesus out of many a pedestrian, but nothing I did seemed to stop it.

noelmg

Part of my journey is along a combined user path that gets very narrow. Sods law you always get somebody with earphones in that doesn't hear your bell and just carries on oblivious.

Had somebody the other day park up in front of me on the cycle path, passenger looked me in the eye, before opening his door to block my path at the last second as I was about to pass him.

I'd like to use the road but in that part the traffic is horrendous with people cutting into side roads all the way down without looking, the path is a lot safer there.

Mad at urage

I distinctly heard a bell! You were obviously using it to intimidate those poor kids :angry: and you sped up again far too quickly, must have given them a real shock :ohmy: .

:tongue:

Too near the woman at 0:26 and squeezing up the middle when there was peds on both sides...

Better to try and time it so you don't have to pass both groups at the same time.

PBancroft

pedestrians not wearing helmets. dangerous.

They don't even pay road tax. Wossat? Pavement you say? Council tax? What about those bloody kids - they don't pay any Council Tax. When they pay for the paths they can use them. Acting like they own the cycle lane, I bet they've not even done the Highway Code yet in school.
wink.gif

More seriously benb, well done.

Jezston

Über Member
And remember, the roads are paid for by the council tax of LOCAL people.

You should not be allowed to use the roads in the towns you don't live in.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
That looks like a really annoying way to travel.

For the speed you were travelling at you may as well have got off and pushed!

It's only 200m or so, and still quicker than taking the road around. And in fact I hardly ever see it this busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.