Peer blames cycle lane for terrorist attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn`t see this posted elsewhere on the site so bringing it to our attention. Please keeps comments related to the cycle issue but sometimes words fail me.

http://www.bikebiz.com/index.php/ne...estminster-bridge-for-terrorist-attack/020958
He's a bit of a dick for using it in this way, but if there had been vehicular traffic at that point, it may have made the attack slightly more difficult to carry out, but a determined maniac still would have found a way to mount the pavement, or worse still, have had to plough into people in the more densely packed area outside the Palace of Westminster. We just can't say for sure. The point is he's a tosser for even bringing it up.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 4733822, member: 259"]I think it's in the private parts, so not everyone can see it[/QUOTE]
Ah, yes, that rings a bell. There were a few complaints on the thread about that.

freiston

Veteran
Everyone can see it, once they've been here a little while. It's just that some people don't want to.
How long is that? I joined 26 September 2016, have made 97 posts and I can't see it - get an error when I click on the link:

CycleChat Cycling Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Go back to the previous page

Go to CycleChat Cycling Forum

freiston

Veteran
I really fail to see the problem

The road was unchanged apart from some paint

Had a high kerb been removed that had facilitated access to the pavement, or a drop kerb been installed to allow access on to the pavement then there would perhaps have been some substance, but the painted track really made no difference in this case

Tin Pot

Guru
Eventually people will stop looking for other factors and simply realise the obvious - how dangerous cars are.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Until a split second later they remember how convenient cars are, and how lazy the thinker is.
Depends, innit. Travelling from my village to the town centre , they're massively inconvenient (unless you're infirm, or need to carry a lot of stuff) because the volume of people who think they are convenient chokes the roads after about 7:30am on weekdays, and 9-10am on weekends. Add to that the fact that you need to leave the things somewhere for a lot of the day, and only the UK's inherent cultural bias towards the car makes them seem like a better option than walking (slower, but no need for parking or sitting in the traffic) or cycling (usually quicker, dedicated bike path available for 2/3s of the journey, may have the parking issue though).

Ideally, people would use different transport modes where they are best suited, but the evidence (both from where I live now, and back when I lived in Heald Green) suggests that an awful lot of people use a car to do everything, pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom