Peterborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
How far away from work d'you want to live? Or is it a case of I've got a house budget and will get what best I can for it without living next door to the Gallaghers (Shameless)?
Echo what has been said above, only to say that 172td must've come on an unusual day if every other voice was English, normally it's about 90%/10% European to English.
Moved to Market Deeping in 1977 aged six, lived in Werrington for four-and-a-half-years when first married and Crowland from April 2001 'til now so have no experience of living anywhere else. Fenlanders can be funny buggers ("yew'm a stranger rewnd 'ere") but not quite duelling banjo's and as said before we're OK for bike shops, places to cycle and communications to & from various other parts of the country. Plus which we have had a round of the Halfords Tour Series come here for three years now which is worth a watch.
Are you used to living in a town/city or more village and which would you like to live in now? Plenty of villages around about, as said before if you've any ideas about where you'd like to go let us know and we'll vet them for you. :smile:
I've no idea at the moment :blush: I think I'll be looking at the rental market.
The Tour Series finally came to near my home the week I started down south in Chelmsford :sad:
Nevermind, there's always Colchester,
Damm missed it, :sad:
Watched the highlights and the womens race was won by a local Fifer, I've cycled with a few times.
Anyway ;), I've lived in a town most of my life but I also spent 4years in a city suburb (Granton) and 5 years in Dublin City Centre. I can see the benefits and disadvantages of all locations, I think though whilst the cc is convenient, I think overall the town is better.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I lived in Westwood until 6 years ago, which in all fairness, is probably at the top of the list of places not to live.

I'd say avoid anyhere too close to the city, as the good/bad areas all really morph into one and there is such nice countryside around to live in the concrete jungle (and it really is). Stamford and the Deepings are lovely, but I assume they also cost quite a lot too.

Strick

In amazed that of all the places not to live in peterborough no one has mentioned ravensthorpe and the welland estate!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, and them! Lol
I think the problem is that some areas we forget about as we try to blank them out of our minds.
Maybe HLaB needs to see whats available in his (i'm assuming) price range, then ask what people think.

Similar advice from myself. I live in Stilton ......

You don't sound at all blue or cheesed off!

Of course I could carry on in the same vein, or try and mould the topic to my own agenda or simply let it mature.

But I think collecting my outer garments is more appropriate!

Really? i thought it was the other way around! But then its been 6 years since I lived inside the peterborough city limits! :biggrin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Arr boi, don' you still have a duckin' stool in Waamin'ton?

(Before you say it yes, Crowland still has one too, and stocks and a gibbet. Only the other week we had to burn a couple of tourists at the stake after they'd claimed to have flown there from somewhere called 'America'!)

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm the Sherriff of Westwood... No seriously I am!
Not sure if i saw you in action once in Westwood centre...
I was sat in my car, there were a couple of Police on bikes chatting to lads by the shops. Another old boy came shuffling up with a can of beer in his hand. PC turns round, unceremoniously takes can off the lad (without a by or a leave i might add) and tips it in the bin :laugh:
I thought, it's gonna kick off....but the lad just took it and seemed quite relaxed.

Even if you take the less desirable parts of Peterborough, they include Westwood, Ravensthorpe, Welland, Eastgate, some of the Ortons, some of the Brettons ....some parts of those areas are ok. Bretton i think and the Ortons definately have quite a lot of private mini estates within them and are genuinely ok.

Lived in Westwood years ago...it was 'ok' then but wouldnt fancy it now.
Then went 'upmarket' in Ravensthorpe :laugh:...ditto the above.
Welland i see as 'brutal' I dont even like cycling through there, let alone walking. :ohmy:
The Ortons...ive lived there 20 plus years on the 'not so' desirable side ...yet despite that, ive never been burgled, assaulted, (i had my car attempted stolen once) but never had any more trouble with people than any other place ive ever lived. Its been a bit turbulent in the past (15 years ago) but certainly the private parts of the estate are ok.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Not sure if i saw you in action once in Westwood centre...
I was sat in my car, there were a couple of Police on bikes chatting to lads by the shops. Another old boy came shuffling up with a can of beer in his hand. PC turns round, unceremoniously takes can off the lad (without a by or a leave i might add) and tips it in the bin :laugh:
I thought, it's gonna kick off....but the lad just took it and seemed quite relaxed.

If the cop had a beard it was me!

Top Bottom