Peugeot Partner, Fiat Scudo, Citreon Jumpy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twowheelsgood

Anyone own or has owned one of these? (the model up to 2006)

I'm just wondering if these things are big enough to sleep in comfortably if suitably kitted out.

They seem ideal; cheap, very economical (v. good direct injection HDi engine) and more compact and easier to drive than a VW transporter.

Any experience welcome.

Maz

Guru
I thought the title of this thread was the R4 Shipping Forecast.

(no, never owned any of those...maybe get onto a motoring forum, or the company websites for info?)

OP
OP
twowheelsgood

twowheelsgood

domtyler said:
Have you hit hard times then TWG?

Nothing to do with cost more to do with stealth (i.e. looking like a standard white van than a "please rob-me, lots of goodies on board" camper) and not being a total bus to drive in town. I'll be touring Europe, including Eastern Europe.

I'd certainly fit an extremely well finished interior, heating, 230V electrics a computer and TV, so not exactly slumming it. I'd like it to take me and the MTB across Europe.

OP
OP
twowheelsgood

twowheelsgood

Yeah, those bongos have a good reputation (well anything mazda is practically bomb proof), but are more VW transporter sized. I was VERY impressed with the export prices listed, especially with the dollar value as given! Anything more than 3 years old practically is worthless. £1500-2000 for the very best!

I was really hoping to get away with the absolute minimum that I can lay out flat in, bike under the bed at night. The purpose being that it could double as a moderately sensible car for 2 people at other times.

I'm 6'2" which is 1.89m. The literature says the load length is 2.05m. The HDi engine is also good for 45mpg.

djmc

Über Member
We have both a Berlingo (same as Peugeot Partner), and a Romahome which is a campervan based on the Berlingo by a company Island Plastics in the Isle of Wight. We got the campervan first. We like both of them. Reasonable to drive, lots of room, comfortable to sleep in. We haven't had any problems with the car and no major problems with the Romahome which is a lot older.

Top Bottom