Photography fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
A programme like this should not be confined to BBC 4.

i caught one episode recently and it was really good... especially as the man they focussed on (huhuhuh) liked to take pictures into the sun and had devised his own lens hoods to reduce flare, etc.

it might appear on BBC2... in a few years! what a waste of good programming, still, i guess people need their come dancing thingy.

ajevans

For those who are interested I'd recommend getting the book 'Magnum Magnum' that has just been released.

It celebrates 60 years of the Magnum agency and has some of the best photos of all time. Yes it's about £90 but it's the coffee table book to beat all other coffee table books, and as it's a limited edition print it'll go up in value.

ajevans said:
For those who are interested I'd recommend getting the book 'Magnum Magnum' that has just been released.

It celebrates 60 years of the Magnum agency and has some of the best photos of all time. Yes it's about £90 but it's the coffee table book to beat all other coffee table books, and as it's a limited edition print it'll go up in value.

not when you spill coffee on it.

ajevans

fossyant said:
90 notes for a book......

you could get it cheaper on t'internet but it's mostly sold out.

yes but it has enough mass to generate its own gravitational field!

It's sold out on Amazon but there's a 2nd hand one going for £200!

noggin

fossyant said:
90 notes for a book......

When I left my last job x years ago, just got cash from colleagues and treated my self to Ansel Adams Yosemite and the range of light................

hardback......................................

£110:ohmy:

the softback was

£19.99:blush:

of course it just lies in the bookcase now gathering dust

Oi:angry: White cotton gloves on if you want to look at it:biggrin:

ajevans

Elmer Fudd said:
Yeah, now that was an excellent book. Ansel used to base his exposures on the "zonal system".

Many people still do, it just doesn't work in the same way for digital because you have to watch out for burnt highlights.

(Currently have a cartoon devil and angel in my ear arguing over whether or not to get a Nikon D300).

Top Bottom