Picked up a stone today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
As I was on my way in to work, I heard a loud, rythmic tap, tap sound coinciding with a slight lifting sensation of the rear wheel with every tap.
I knew a stone had gone in, and it was obviously a biggun, but on investigation I was shocked to see what can only be described as a stone age spear head stuck in the tyre.
This was not good, especially as I'd left home a little late and had an early appointment.

I pulled out the offending sharp whilst frantically trying to think of something I could use as an emergency tyre boot and waited for the huge rush of air and immediate deflation. Which didn't happen. In fact, apart from a split, the tyre was completely intact.
I wish I'd taken a picture of the flint, it was huge and fearsomely sharp but I was short on time.

God bless Marathon Pluses :smile:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Panter said:
I was shocked to see what can only be described as a stone age spear head stuck in the tyre.

Why so shocked, you live in sittingboure after all, they are in the dark ages out there.:smile:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
jonny jeez said:
Why so shocked, you live in sittingboure after all, they are in the dark ages out there.:smile:

But I didn't pick the stone up in Sittingbourne, in fact I think I was closer to Chislehurst at the time... :biggrin:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Ohh, the M+.

The number of times my wheels have made a tick tick tick sound on each rotation - usually a piece of glass or small stone that gets embedded in the Smartguard layer.

The noise disappears after a dozen or so rotations as the road files them smooth.

Only discover these when I clean the bike on a Sunday and pluck them out with a screwdriver.

Blessed Schwalbe

Top Bottom