Pillock: wish I had my camera with me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I got cut up this morning whilst moving up hill to a junction I needed to cross. Trouble is the driver waited until the very last second - I was about a foot or two from the giveway line and had to shout an audible warning.

Window comes winding down and I bend down expecting the driver to apologise. What I'm met with however is a bald man in his late 40s with his ear pressed to his mobile, and wearing a full UPS uniform.

"If you got off your mobile you might have seen me" I said, and quite politely.

"Whats it got to do with you!!?" He snaps back before tearing off across the junction at speed.

About 5 minutes later I thought to myself - why didnt I take down his plates..? I'm a bit pissed off with myself for not having done so as there are schools right next to that junction. I've sent an cursory email to UPS to let them know incase they can do anything, though I doubt it

Left the camera at home today. Would have been slightly funny to point it out.

another reason i think muppet drivers who have been caught ought to have to drive a reliant robin for a year as punishment

if someone gives lip as above, you can just tip the car on its side.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Pushing tin said:
another reason i think muppet drivers who have been caught ought to have to drive a reliant robin for a year as punishment

if someone gives lip as above, you can just tip the car on its side.

LOL I loved RR's. Mental little things. Technically a motorbike too isnt it.

I did read they were going to be made again by BMW... Hmm only 2 days until April the 1st! :biggrin: Someones gettin' them in early. :biggrin:

Nah, drivers like that should be forced to cycle this to and from work for a year.

Notice how the bike is facing the wrong way to be able to see the 'components':biggrin:

It's this line I love:

This is a great bike for leisure riding or tougher cross country trails

Mmm. That sounds like a challenge. Anyone know any tough country trails we could test it on! :smile:

magnatom said:
It's this line I love:

This is a great bike for leisure riding or tougher cross country trails

Mmm. That sounds like a challenge. Anyone know any tough country trails we could test it on! :smile:

i know some very very hard hitting cross country trails that'll smash that shock to bits.

with regard to riding it to work for a year, the spring ought to be as soft as possible so when accelerating quickly its as if the frame bends.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
One of the lads on a photo forum I used to frequent used to work in Halfords. Unusually he knew a thing or two about bikes and once said the staff in there tried to refuse to sell this one bike they had. They'd had a number of complaints about a £150 full sus MTB where the shocks had "exploded" seeing the rider off.

He said they put a notice in the window about it (getting a telling off from the managers) and were more than happy to inform customers. ;)

Top Bottom