Pinarello FP5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiredlegs

Firstly, hello all. Its my first time on here so please be gentle with me!!! Names Gareth and live in South Wales.
Quite new to cycling,been at it bout 2 years. At the mo I`m riding a cannondale caad5 but thinking its time to upgrade to a carbon bike. Have visited lots of LBS (and sum not so local),looked at loads of bikes. Thought I was decided on a Cube Agree GTC Pro (2011 with 105 groupset -£1350), then last week I was offered a Pinarello FP5 (2009 with Campag Centaur groupset -£1000). Both are brand new.
I mostly ride the South Wales valleys and Brecon Beacons,doing bout 40-50 mile rides.
Any opinions on the bikes, cheers

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome tiredlegs :welcome: You will find this place quite friendly with loads of opinions and ideas. Don't be afraid to visit some of the forums here. The Pinarello would be my choice. The Centaur groupset works well and is midrange.

Ibbots

Hi, I'm new too but it seems friendly here.

I have an FP5 and love it. Bought the frame second hand and built it up with Dura Ace and Fulcrum Racing 1 wheels, think I paid quite a bit more for the frame than you are being offered for a complete bike. It's not the lightest frame or raciest, but I have had lighter carbon frames with similar gear that are not a patch on this, it is stiff and you can feel the power transfer yet a very comfortable ride. I certainly feel faster riding this and less road fatigue on longer rides. I've been riding a hefty single speed and mountain bikes all winter so looking forward to some decent weather when I get can out on it again.

Regards Ibbots

OP
OP
T

tiredlegs

Thanks both,you`ve confirmed what I was thinking. Just ordered the pinarello,hoping to pick it up on Monday. YIPEEEEEEEEEE

Attachments

• Photo0030.jpg
    Photo0030.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 725
Top Bottom