Ping South/East London Commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll be cycling from Bromley South, through Catford, Greenwich, foot tunnel, Isle of Dogs, Cable St/Narrow Street, Bank, Holborn and up to Euston tomorrow morning, and back in the evening - not my usual Bromley - Streatham route. I'll be wearing my CycleChat jersey. Give me a wave if you see me, or drop back for a chat, I need some cheering up.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello mate,
cycle from orpington to Greenwich through Catford too.. Will have a lookout.. have seen you before at Bromley Station in your CC shirt.

Past Bromley Station about 8.40am and again about 6.30pm.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I might be along there, 3.30ish past Bromley South towards Lewisham, and back about 20.00, both times along the A21, A202. If I see you I'll beep ya.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
ianrauk said:
06:15..??
:wacko:
I can't remember the last time I saw that time of day..

Fortunately I don't have to do it for much longer! (I retire in February! Only 60 work days to go!) I leave home at 05:30 but when I was working in Orpington I had a 6am start and was out by 0430. Not very nice in the winter!

oi twenty inch, did you do the same route today? if you are the guy that wore the cc jersey and glasses and was on the pavement near the westferry roundabout (isle of dogs) at 08:30 this morning...consider yourself spotted!

Bugner

I leave from Bromley North at around 6.15am through Catford/Lewisham/NewCross etc etc to the West End

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooh, that's almost the same as my commute, except add on some more A21/A233 from Biggin Hill. Luckily I don't have to commute at that time though!

OP
OP
T
dangerousjules said:
oi twenty inch, did you do the same route today? if you are the guy that wore the cc jersey and glasses and was on the pavement near the westferry roundabout (isle of dogs) at 08:30 this morning...consider yourself spotted!

Yes, that was me - I wanted to take the riverside walkway route, except it's not there any more. Shows how long it is since I was down that way.

Pig of a morning, actually. I got left-hooked, abused and spat on between Lewisham and Catford. Luckily there was a witness, and the coppers have got it now. Knees scuffed, front wheel buckled.

Before that, it was a nice ride, and coming back in the evening was enoyable.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
You might see me on that route in my poxy HSBC jersey and knackered silver MTB. BTW what does a CC jersey look like and can you still get hold of one?

OP
OP
T
Watt-O said:
You might see me on that route in my poxy HSBC jersey and knackered silver MTB. BTW what does a CC jersey look like and can you still get hold of one?

Wotcher. It was a one-off, that ride. It used to be my daily commute almost 7 years ago, but I've now had several jobs since - do Bromley South to Norbury now.

I have a CC jersey (the same one) for sale if you are interested. Large size, long sleeve (good for autumn), will fit about a 40inch chest. I've got a bit larger than that with all the weight training and I look like a badly-made sausage when I wear it now.

Top Bottom