Pink Poppy Pashley Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kells

Hi, please spread the word and eyes for my pink princess.

She is/ was/ has / had

Pink Poppy Pashley stolen from Bethnal Green tube station on Thursday 11th March.
10 months old
Brooks seat with red floral cover (kitch kitchen)
pink and gold panniers (kitch kitchen)
small frame
purple and orange bell

I guess all the extras would have been stripped though the carrier/ pannier holder left and I have not seen another pink pashley with one.

I thank you all in advance for helping, Hackney needs it's little bit of outrageous colour back, that puts smiles on peoples faces and her black prince is lonely without her.

Kelly[/FONT][/FONT]

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi and welcome to Cycle Chat.. sorry it's not in better circumstances. The bike sounds very recognisable. Have you a picture you can post here.

OP
OP
K

Kells

Stolen Pink Pashley

Thank you, the site was suggested as another avenue to try.

Yes, she is so!!! distinctive, and I think she may have gone underground for a cooling off period.

This is a link to a blog picture of another persons pink pashley. Mine would be very similar if all the extras were removed; just the carrier is silver not black. Will try and locate an actual picture.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AbeuvUun-Xg/Sje7jX7KCRI/AAAAAAAAAAM/UAJeF-JJXmk/s400/012.JPG

helpfindmybike

Hi

This is very interesting. I too had a pink pashley poppy which was stolen o nthe 11th of March from QMUL campus which is very close to Bethnal Gtreen station. There have been a string of bike theftsi n the area to be honest and Im starting to wonder if they are targetting "designer" bikes such as ours? I've reported to police, but that now 2 pink pashley poppys bene stole in last month. I know exactly how you feel . She was my pride and joy :laugh:

OP
OP
K

Kells

Hi

Thanks for replying. That is REALLY interesting. I'm so sorry about your bike too, it's the most ghastly feeling and you can't but love such a bike. She was a gift from my husband and friends. I am sure mine was an organised crime for a number of reasons. I park there at the same time pretty much four days a week and someone was watching me very intently that morning. Also I had an extra back wheel lock that I don't think would have ever been able to be unlocked on the spot. For a change as I was a little late I parked her ride side, which would have been a quick throw in the back once they had the main lock cut.

May they turn up if we make enough noise in enough places and get enough people keeping their eyes open. I did report her straight away to the police too, and been looking each day on ebay and the gum tree and have been to bricklane and ripley road markets and spoken with stall holders, so will let you know if I hear anything. O'h and daily twitter updates.

Lets find the pink princesses!! and put the smiles back on our faces and all those who used to see us on our bikes.

OP
OP
K

Kells

Thank you
Yes been down to Bricklane, was pretty shocked actually just how many different people were down there selling. Certainly the trade has grown. I'm not going to be around the next two Sundays now which is a shame.

e-rider

crappy member
I don't want to upset you but you might want to consider the fact that's it's very very unlikely that you'll ever see your bike again ;)

By all means keep an eye open for a while but perhaps start thinking about a replacement. Don't waste your time chasing these theiving ba$tards and be careful hanging out down brick lane.

Sorry!

helpfindmybike

Striking similiarities between ur theft and mine. I too feel I have been being watched. I park my bike same palce every day, and have a proper D lock. I leave my bike at 10:45, at 10:54 CCTV shows man leaving with my bike. I was being watched. I know a number of other people who have had their rather expensive bikes stolen - always pashleys on expensive racing bikes stole, and thiefs are using nitro acid to shatter locks. These aren't little kids mucking around.

I know I will probably never see my bike again but I find it appauling that these thiefs get awya with it again and again and again. Someone needs to stand up to these *****. Its my property, theft is a crime. I have considered trying to start up a group of people in london dedicated to trying to track down these bikes. If we get enough people invovled, enough bike stores, we could actually maybe do something. Cut off the thiefs resources by simply breaking their chain. I've also considered getting someone with an insanely nice bike to use it as a plant, and we'll catch them in in the act... I think its pretty obvious this is the work of the same people. I know at least 8 peopel with similiar bikes gone missing. Ymake 9.

Listen, if you want ot talk more, drop me an email. Anastasiabeaumontbott@yahoo.co.uk

Theres a lot of very pissed off peopel at my un iand we're sick and tired of being fobbed off with "thatys life". We want to take action, within full limits of the law.

OP
OP
K

Kells

Hi tundragumski

Thanks for your reply. I have a new bike, though want to keep looking and spreading the word for a while as society is apathetic enough and I'd prefer not to just let it go that easily and let the thieves get the better of the situation.

Sadly I could not afford a Pashley, though have wheels again to get me part of my way to work and to do all my shopping which is the main thing.

e-rider

crappy member
Kells

Great that you're already back in the saddle. I know exactly what you mean on this - I had my bike stolen last October and couldn't afford to replace it for a while and ended up with a much cheaper and lower quality bike.

The main thing is that you've got some new wheels now and no physical harm came to you. A growing number of people are 'mugged' for their bikes which sounds very terrifying!

Good luck to you and happy cycling.

OP
OP
K

Kells

Hey Vikeonabike

I like your attitude. Nice and positive and I shall look into your suggestions. I really liked the idea of having a device that sent out electric shocks when the bike was touched. I guess I would be the one charged then if the thief was injured. Just as I wasn't allowed to watch cctv footage at the police station as I would be invading the privacy of the thief. NICE one!!

OP
OP
K

Kells

Thanks tundragumski

Six years of riding around London and four stolen bikes won't keep me out of the saddle. The other bikes had all been recycled and when they went I just accepted that was London. The Pink Princess though, she's a different story.

It's shocking people are getting mugged now for bikes... may we all not have to ride around looking out for thieves... I much prefer riding around looking at the new spring bulbs

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Kells said:
Hey Vikeonabike

Just as I wasn't allowed to watch cctv footage at the police station as I would be invading the privacy of the thief. NICE one!!

Kells That's a load of bull to start with. You should be allowed to view CCTV just in case you actually know or recognise the thief! This would help the investigation enormously!

Top Bottom