Pizza Sauce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Any easy pizza sauce recommendations on this here CC forum ?

I have my pizza doe bread just perfect. I can do 10 " 12" 15" , thin, crispy, fat n fluffy doe bread though my sauce is lacking something ?
Pizza toppings being the easy bit

Im using a combination of any of the below for the sauce

Butter
Sunflower Oil
Tomato Puree
Garlic Butter
Fresh Garlic
Garlic Butter
Tomato Puree
Basil (Dried)
Oregano (Dried)
OXO Cube
Cracked Black Pepper

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The best tinned tomato pieces you can get. Tip them in a bowl. Season very generously. Chopped fresh basil or oregano if you have it - nothing if you don't. Generous slug of nice olive oil. That's it.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I keep my sauce pretty simple. Fry finely chopped onions in a light olive oil with crushed garlic on a medium heat until the onions take on a little colour , add chopped tinned tomatoes and a pinch of basil , simmer for 40min then blend, season

OP
OP
YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon

Über Member

I think I understand where Im going wrong now.

Ive been putting the sauce uncooked on the pizzabase + I need tinned tomatoes :smile:

Thanks. Looking forward to trying these ways out ;)

TVC

Get a bottle of Passata, bruise a garlic clove, put it in the Passata and then gently simmer to reduce by half. Add some shredded Basil at the end it you must.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

I think I understand where Im going wrong now.

Ive been putting the sauce uncooked on the pizzabase + I need tinned tomatoes :smile:

Thanks. Looking forward to trying these ways out ;)

You were right the first time- don't cook it! And don't even think about onions. Listen to your Uncle Mort and your Auntie Claud, and ignore the dangerous heretics.

:smile:

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Quality mozzarella is the key to any pizza, well unless your veggie/vegan star trek:whistle:

When I cook my sauce I make loads then freeze in freezer bags. one bag per large pizza or I use the sauce for bolognasie. Just like autie Nuna use to make.

OP
OP
YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon

Über Member
You were right the first time- don't cook it! And don't even think about onions. Listen to your Uncle Mort and your Auntie Claud, and ignore the dangerous heretics.

:smile:

Im going with 'theclaud here. Cooking a sauce for 40 minutes is a waste of flavour/energy blah blah. Raw blah
images

Though I guess I need to get rid of excess moisture here ? Raw in the oven is the way forward !!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
salad on bread:becool:

Stick to the beer, Brewers. :smile:

The reason for the chopped tomatoes rather than the whole plum ones, YM, is not laziness- it's that good tinned tomato pieces don't contain that watery seedy bit in the middle. Passata will do fine for the same reason, but I prefer a bit more texture. When you stir in the oil, you get a sort of tomatoey emulsion that won't make your base soggy as long as you're sparing with it and keep it away from the edges. Did I mention that the seasoning should be VERY generous?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The Claud is right in this instance. Chopped tomates should be used. You can blend them if you prefer, but the pizza will come soggy in a domestic oven.
The Brewer is making Napoli sauce for pasta - he should add some carrots and celery too, for Napoli sauce.

Ciao :hello:

Top Bottom