Plank of the week award goes to....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
....the man from Alderney who has just spent £30k trying to overturn the States decision not to allow him to import a hummer (the island's first) to Alderney. This is an island remember which is 3.5 miles long and a mile wide! Unbelievably he has won his case so lucky islanders will be now able to admire his cock extension new car.

Original story here what an arse

Arch

Married to Night Train
....the man from Alderney who has just spent £30k trying to overturn the States decision not to allow him to import a hummer (the island's first) to Alderney. This is an island remember which is 3.5 miles long and a mile wide! Unbelievably he has won his case so lucky islanders will be able to admire his cock extension new car.

Original story here what an arse

There won't be any room to get round the Hummer then, isn't it about that size?

mangaman

[QUOTE 1146724"]
Would that be a genuine forces Hummer, or that bogstandard US family SUV with a Hummer-shaped body on?

[/quote]

It doesn't matter - it's another "victory for common sense" MP as you must realise.

The war on motorists is being won little by little.

(When BC's not around someone has to fill in - it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it)

I read some sort of story many years ago: Ferrari had brought out one of their superfast road cars (up to 180mph or whatever). Apparently several of them had been snapped up by ultra-rich businessmen living in Jersey, and they had them shipped over to the island.

The speed limit on Jersey is 40mph.:biggrin:

They then complained to Ferrari that because they could only drive them at low revs the plugs got oiled up or something. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Won't be able to get far from the harbourside anyway with the countrylane widths! That's what happens when someone with more money than sense comes up against a jobsworth with undeserved authority!
[Edit: SP!]

It'll be a very expensive ice cream van!

BenScoobert

[QUOTE 1146724"]
Would that be a genuine forces Hummer, or that bogstandard US family SUV with a Hummer-shaped body on?

[/quote]

No not a H1 army jobby, just a little H2 or miniscule H3, pfft pretenders

Alderny is the only island I have not been to, and having watched my dad sometimes struggle to pass oncoming vehicles on Guernsey I can see why the court tried to block it.

I fits under the size and weight of commercial vehicles which have to squeeze into the bushes to allow vehicles past and I doubt Alderny's roads are ever wider than Guernsey's

An original mini would be more suited I feel...

Top Bottom