Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hoping to negotiate with two wives for self and riding buddy to go out for a last big ride before I go to South Africa for 2 weeks. I want a change from our usual diet of glorious, deserted Ribble Valley and Bowland Forest roads; maybe a trip to the Dales or even the Lakes, time permitting.

asterix

Comrade Member
Hoping to negotiate with two wives for self and riding buddy to go out for a last big ride before I go to South Africa for 2 weeks. I want a change from our usual diet of glorious, deserted Ribble Valley and Bowland Forest roads; maybe a trip to the Dales or even the Lakes, time permitting.

You have 2 wives?

Globalti

Legendary Member
You have 2 wives?

Yes, my riding buddy and I share our two wives. We live in an Anarcho-syndicalist commune in deepest Lancashire surrounded by children of uncertain parentage, dogs, cats, goats and llamas.

Peace!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We live in an Anarcho-syndicalist commune in deepest Lancashire surrounded by children of uncertain parentage, dogs, cats, goats and llamas.  
I rode past your commune last year and took a photo of the llamas!

ribble_valley_llamas.jpg

As for the weekend... I'm still getting over a chest infection so I won't be doing much cycling, if any. I'll try and get out for a good walk instead.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
couple of yellow fizzy fellers tonight and some strenuous riding/ carrying over the weeekend- got the big grunt next weekend.

Catching up on sleep after getting back from break in the Peaks - bed wasn't the best it would have to be said.

Figuring out whether to change the Subway 1's gearing from the initial 42 max to 48-38-28 up front and what this will mean for the rear end.

Figuring out why the Trek is still emitting a 'tinking-pinging' sound from the bb area even though I've stripped it out and refitted it and all appears ok and solid as a rock apart from a definite feeling of something 'giving' when I put pressure on either crank.

Catching up on emails from work - mobile broadband in the Peaks was patchy to say the least.

Drinking the bottle of wine we took with us and brought back unopened!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Been to Monk Park Farm today, and fed the lambs - got covered in milk due to my ill-handling of the bottle, and their greedy urge to feed. Also climbed the hill above the White Horse twice for fun (exercise).

Dunno tomorrow, maybe shopping with her indoors, watching a gig tomorrow night in Bradford (Rio's)

Chester Zoo on Sunday/Monday cos I love the bat cave/house.

TVC

Was the holiday that tiring then? :hello:

wave.gif

A very bumpy night flight back from the St Lucia followed by a drive from Gatwick to Leicester, plus 5 hours lag, so I'm pretty bushed now.
tired.gif

Champagne at breakfast, cocktails from 10am, as much gourmet food as you can cram in, more booze, diving, sunbathing, pools with swim up bars, rum tasting trips, did I mention the booze.

First time we've done the all inclusive thing, normally we travel independently. Most likely won't do anything similar for a while, but we really enjoyed it, and as 40th birthday presents go, I think Mrs VC was happy.

Top Bottom