Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Working. :tongue:

Nights. :biggrin: :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
User76 said:
Off to Cawsand in Cornwall. W e are staying in a friends cottage, which has the appearence of being made from papier mache in about 1811:wacko: No bike, but taking my running shoes and fishing rod:biggrin:
Nice spot... spent Xmas there once...

Haitch

Flim Flormally
PrettyboyTim said:
I quite fancy visiting the RAF Museum with a selection of my children.

Do it! Went to the Dutch airforce museum with my son aged about 8. Biking home afterwards he looked up at me and said, "Dad, that was the best day of my life."

PrettyboyTim

I've been once before with one of my older daughters - it was a great day, especially as we actually ended up chatting to a couple of guys who were in bomber crews during the second world war. I think my youngest (3) is now old enough to get a real kick out of it - especially as he has several aeroplane toys of his own. I think he might end up being a bit loud though... ;D

"Daddy! DADDY! LOOOOK! It's an AEROPLANE! An AEROPLANE LIKE MY ONE! DADDY! LOOK!"

And of course, I can't wait for this one, which is inevitable:

"Daddy! Look! It's a helicockter! A HELICOCKTER!"

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Is it the one in Hendon? If so, I've been there as well, and very nice it is too.

Some friends of friends of ours in Barnet once hosted a German family for a week and didn't understand why they got a bit embarrassed upon being taken there for the day. The German family got their own back the next day when taken to St Paul's: "We used to have beautiful cathedrals like this until you lot f@cking bombed them all!"

walker

Alan H said:
Is it the one in Hendon? If so, I've been there as well, and very nice it is too.

Some friends of friends of ours in Barnet once hosted a German family for a week and didn't understand why they got a bit embarrassed upon being taken there for the day. The German family got their own back the next day when taken to St Paul's: "We used to have beautiful cathedrals like this until you lot f@cking bombed them all!"

Yeah, our boys had a knack of hitting the target like that, such a shame ;):biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
PrettyboyTim said:
I've been once before with one of my older daughters - it was a great day, especially as we actually ended up chatting to a couple of guys who were in bomber crews during the second world war. I think my youngest (3) is now old enough to get a real kick out of it - especially as he has several aeroplane toys of his own. I think he might end up being a bit loud though... ;D

"Daddy! DADDY! LOOOOK! It's an AEROPLANE! An AEROPLANE LIKE MY ONE! DADDY! LOOK!"

And of course, I can't wait for this one, which is inevitable:

"Daddy! Look! It's a helicockter! A HELICOCKTER!"

My five year old had a Concorde obsession so we took him to RAF Duxford and he spent an hour going round and round the Concord exhibit. One of the elderly chappies who worked there came up and said. "Well, what do you think? One of the fastest ever commerical planes to have flown". My son's response was something along the lines of 'yes, but it will never fly again after the Paris crash will it. And it's not the fastest plane to have flown because that's the Blackbird which is in the other hangar. Did you know that when it takes off the fuel tanks leak because they have to expand and when it lands it takes hours to cool down before to allow the pilot to leave the plane.................................." ;)

He used to sit in the bath and say to me "Dad, why won't Concorde fly again?" I don't know if he was hoping I would say "alright son, just for you let's have one more flight". :biggrin:

Working over the week-end. ;) :biggrin:

Next Thursday going to Birmingham for a couple of nights. Any one know of a good fish and chip shop near to the ICC/Symphony Hall?

gbb

Legendary Member
Tube into London, the London Eye tomorrow morning, kill a bit of time then across to the 02 Arena for the Tutenkhamun exhibition in the afternoon...:biggrin:

Top Bottom