Please help with some research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This is not serious research, but you might be able to help. :biggrin:

If someone says "Pringles" to you, and note the plural of the word, what do you associate that with? Do not ponder for half an hour before replying, and take no notice please of what any posters before you have put. :thumbsup:

I would like to know what the word means to you. Please also note that I have not done a poll as that would sort of defeat the reason behind asking this question. There is a very good reason for asking this, a very good reason.

colly

Re member eR
It means golf style (lack of maybe) jumpers and crisps. Not necessarily in the order.

WeeE

It means reconstituted-from-mash crisps that are formulated to be addictive, in packaging calculated to cost the earth.
I buy them at xmas, and always wonder how many grams of what I'm carrying home is crisps, how much is cardboard & plastic, and how much is salt. An equal 3-way split?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Crisp-oid things. Specifically the sour-cream-and-chive ones for me.
I'm sure they're largely composed of crystal meth and crack cocaine.
*scrumpf*

rh100

Speicher said:
This is not serious research, but you might be able to help. :biggrin:

If someone says "Pringles" to you, and note the plural of the word, what do you associate that with? Do not ponder for half an hour before replying, and take no notice please of what any posters before you have put. :thumbsup:

I would like to know what the word means to you. Please also note that I have not done a poll as that would sort of defeat the reason behind asking this question. There is a very good reason for asking this, a very good reason.

Crisps in a tube

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
circular crisps

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It appears that seven and a half people out of nine think of "crisps" not jumpers when hearing the word Pringles.

Oh, make that eight and a half* out of ten, cos I need to include myself.
I caused immense mirth and much falling off a chair laughing when someone said to me this evening that he went to the Pringles, and I said "the people who make the crisps". :thumbsup:

Snorri might live near a Pringles Woollen Mill, so that skews the research a bit. * Colly just wasn't sure so he is the half.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley, whose side are you on? Just cos they are called The Pringles, they could make crisps, or what passes for crispoid edibles, or jumpers?
Who do you know who wears a Pringle jumper, and don't say you do, cos I won't believe you. :thumbsup::biggrin:

Top Bottom