1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polar HRM - changing battery??

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by andyfromotley, 21 May 2008.

1. andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

Dug an old one out of the cupboard battery flat. Do i just get it cahnged in my local watch place? LBS said send it off it'll stay waterproof, but that sounds like a bit of a palaver. (and a bit expensive too?) Any views?

Plus the bit that goes round the chest........does it have a battery?? Cant see any obvious space for one.

Thanks andy

2. john59

john59 Guru

I've changed my own battery on a 'Polar S410', don't use it for swimming etc. The only problem I had was getting a good fitting screwdriver.

The older chest transmitter was sealed, the newer ones have replaceable battries. http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a...olar WearLink+ Transmitter/Electrode Belt Set

John

3. walker

walker New Member

only for CS400 and obove, as its a personal HRM and will only read whats coming from your own HRM and not Joe bloggs riding next to you.

The lower HRM still have sealed straps and can be bought for around £15 each, but last long enough not to worry about for quite some time.

How Old is your HRM? what model is it?

4. OP
    OP
    andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

its an m52 apparently

5. OP
    OP
    andyfromotley

andyfromotley New Member

Local jewllers changed battery- royal sum of £2. The chest band still works fine. Thanks for your help guys.