Police caught on camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scratch

Über Member
On my approach to the island under spaghetti junction in Brum there's a Bus lane that's always full of cars. The police put up a sign saying they were monitoring the bus lane which I thought was just meant to scare people but today I caught some police in action. Sorry about the poor night time filming quality.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IlyI7KP9M

Bit unfair as he was quite near the end of the bus lane but nice to see the police doing something. Slowed me down though I was worried one or the other of them would fling open a door as I went past!

Plus bonus footage of me falling on my arse in the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVWGVPlbH24

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one! You might like to point your camera down a bit more?

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
BentMikey said:
Nice one! You might like to point your camera down a bit more?

True, I normally ride on a road bike and tend to lean over more. I'm on the trusty but slow mtb this week and haven't bothered to readjust the camera.

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
atb said:
What make camera are you using?

Archos 405 with a 16gig memory card in my back pocket with the archos helmet camera plugged in and stuck to my helmet. Can record at 640x480 for up to about 2hrs, about 1000mb an hour.

Scratch said:
Archos 405 with a 16gig memory card in my back pocket with the archos helmet camera plugged in and stuck to my helmet. Can record at 640x480 for up to about 2hrs, about 1000mb an hour.

Looks like you have a bit of rain on the lens of the camera which doesn't help.

Ouch, for the second video! :biggrin::biggrin:

atb

Scratch said:
Great. Thanks a lot.

There's a lane very like this on my commute. Scares the daylights out of me when someone decides to use it as a short cut - invariably they know they shouldn't be there, so they step on the accelerator and hurtle past me down the bus lane as fast as possible.

Good video!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
You almost go past the offices where I work. Although I approach from the other side of town, through the edge of Nechells, so don't know that bit of road particularly well.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
beanzontoast said:
There's a lane very like this on my commute. Scares the daylights out of me when someone decides to use it as a short cut - invariably they know they shouldn't be there, so they step on the accelerator and hurtle past me down the bus lane as fast as possible.

Good video!

That can be scary, and it's why I normally take the lane in bus lanes now. Often wobbly riding too, to encourage passes that are further away from me (I'm fully aware of who is around me, and I look back very often).

Redvers said:
If you start posting videos and pics of the police doing things wrong you could crash this whole site :sad:

Eh!, in the OP the police were doing their job and stopping someone driving in the bus lane.

It must be spreading, there was a police car in the bus lane on the way home tonight with lights flashing. 2 officers were having a chat with the driver of a SUV. As I didn't see why they stopped her, but traffic was heavy enough to not allow any speed on the main carriageway, I can only assume that they were doing the same as the OP.

Top Bottom