Police fining cyclist for breaking the law..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twobiker

Selective Law Breaking or SLB to save wearing out my one finger typing style [already patented so keep your mitts off] is, when it comes to Rlj very difficult to enforce, you have to add into the equation that a person would not Rlj even if the junction was clear if there was a policeman in view, this smacks of underhand double standards. If enough Rljers get injured or killed or cause the death of an innocent through their actions then enforcement would be mandatory. the old chestnut " BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS CLEAR " your honour is poor defence against a death or injury. ps, feel free to call me names if you wish, its just water of a ducks back.

Norm

Failing to see does not equate to an unwillingness to see. It simply means that I can not understand how it can be so. Before I got seriously into cycling I failed to see why anyone would spend £nk on a bike. Now I do.
(again, this applies to many others)

Maybe push the keyboard away and settle yourself down with a coffee (other warm beverages are available) to have a little ponder on that. Certainly if you are getting "wound up" by people's blatherings on the internerd.

Rather than blanket-bombing responses without consideration, think about why you don't understand the other person's viewpoint and what you contribute to any discussion when you are unable (or, as I still suspect, unwilling) to understand the other person's viewpoint.

Also, why would you think anybody should take time to consider your viewpoint when you don't offer their viewpoint that same level of respect?

**wanders off to get a refill... does anyone else want one whilst I'm there? :biggrin: **

apollo179

1512260 said:
The man has apologised to you. There does come a point beyond which it becomes counter-productive to push the issue. You are now beyond that point.
You will forgive me for being slightly apprehensive.
but when you are playing slappy hands (analogy) nicely with someone and then they without warning punch you in the face you want to assertain that they are not going to punch you in the face again before starting playing with them again.
Its a trust issue.

apollo179

Now if i was you i would bombastically demand an answer but i am not you and i am going to let you off the hook and not demand an answer.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

Rather than blanket-bombing responses without consideration, think about why you don't understand the other person's viewpoint and what you contribute to any discussion when you are unable (or, as I still suspect, unwilling) to understand the other person's viewpoint.

Clearly everything is open to interpretation. BTW it is not possible to understand every POV.

Norm do you understand the POV of a KKK member for example?

apollo179

Maybe push the keyboard away and settle yourself down with a coffee (other warm beverages are available) to have a little ponder on that. Certainly if you are getting "wound up" by people's blatherings on the internerd.

Also, why would you think anybody should take time to consider your viewpoint when you don't offer their viewpoint that same level of respect?

**wanders off to get a refill... does anyone else want one whilst I'm there? :biggrin: **

Fair comments and put over in a nice freindly way.
:thumbsup:

Norm

Clearly everything is open to interpretation. BTW it is not possible to understand every POV.
Norm do you understand the POV of a KKK member for example?
Hmm... rlj to KKK is not an obvious leap. :rolleyes:

You have shown, perfectly, that you have read and responded without any consideration for what was actually written.

Had the discussion been about KKK and had I been posting in that discussion, then your question would have relevance. As it is, you have been, if I may quote myself...

...reduced to nit-picking irrelevant points and misrepresenting the underlying message.
As it happens, yes, I would hope to understand the viewpoints of the KKK, just as I would Al Qeada, animal liberationists, eco warriors, Critical Mass, even the Ramblers Association (although that does often need a second cup of coffee). I don't agree with most of their viewpoints, I don't agree with most of their actions, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand them.

I feel that, without understanding the other person's viewpoint, I would be too blinkered to offer my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom