Polish immigrants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a liberty!!

They come over here and keep the streets clean, keep my local Coop tidy and fully stocked, they're polite, educated and speak perfect English, the women are pretty, they're helpful, I could go on....Can't we get some more and swop them for our chavs and scroungers:ohmy::ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
Good idea rich p, but hearing the screams and shouts as they are dragged away could be upsetting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simonali

Guru
There's a local joke round here that goes something like

100 Trowbridge residents were asked whether the influx of eastern europeans was becoming a problem. 13% said "Yes it was a problem" and 87% said "Żadne to nie jest kwestia"

simonali

Guru
trustysteed said:
why on earth would they end up in trowbridge? :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I don't know, but there are lots. I can remember going there to meet up with some friends for a beer and between the train station and the pub didn't hear anyone speaking english! There are lots of LHD cars with PL plates on, too.

You hear stories of them renting houses/flats and sharing beds i.e. one lot on night shifts and using the bed during the day and one lot on day shift... ;)

Milo

Guru
ooh Trowbridge bit dicey there from what i remember. The chavs in Wiltshire are a strange breed me thinks its the mock London accent that makes me giggle.
Quite a few polish in Chippenham to got a family next door. used to work with the Polish when i Lived in London there all nice enough it seems.
We used to pick up a polish guy in the morning evey day for work was always sat on his door step eating a raw onion and drinking a pint of stella at 7 in the morning worked hard though.

LLB

I saw a polish registered Audi A8 in Cheltenham last week. They are getting richer fairly quickly in the UK, and the cars with pl plates are improving also from what I've seen.

Milo

Guru
I cant understand why so many folk have a problem with them.
'Almost all of them pay tax and NI .
Not to mention the fact the amount of contribution during the war nobody would have a problem with the French living here so why the polish?

walker

I wouldn't totally agree with you Rich.
Where I work the Polish population has gone up to 10% out of a staff of 200. All seem nice enough, all women though, and not all of them pretty.
Where I used to live where I owned my own flat, the flat downstairs was rented and about 18 months into me living there these Polish couple moved in. They moved in the day we got back from Turkey and there was loud music from the moment they moved in, I let it go fir the weekend as I assumed they've not set everything up etc.
Anyway the music carried on, I went down so many times to tell tehm to turn it down. they would have visitors arrive on a school night at 10.30 and they would stay up all night. The 'man' of the house worked just up the road in some dodgy converted garage that god know's what they was doing, drugs I think.
Anyway I sold that flat because of them and now moving to Aus where hopefully I don't bump into the idiots

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Walker, it was a bit tongue in cheek prompted by my small experiences and the fact that I've fallen in love with Veronika in the Coop:blush:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Every nation has its idiots.

A pal of mine is an orchid grower near Newent. For years he has had problems finding English people willing to do a day's work; often they would turn up from the Job Centre, work two days then not come back on the third, not even bothering to pick up their wages. They were bolshy, argumentative, often late, often off sick, often asking for an advance on Monday as they'd pissed all their wages up over the weekend - generally a nightmare.

Now he employs three Polish lads. They turn up every day on time. They don't moan or argue. They do an honest day's work, collect their money and tootle off happy. What more can you say?

NickM

Veteran
rich p said:
...I've fallen in love with Veronika in the Coop:blush:
As well you might. You could get her to teach you Polish (a language which I should think is impossible to learn except by constant exposure to it) and then move to Poland, where you would no longer be plain old rich p, but "Rich, Rich, Rich I tell you!!" :biggrin:

Top Bottom