Post editor bug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I mentioned this during the new software trial but it has just happened again and I think I saw what happened ... There seems to be a race condition after Enter is pressed.

I was trying to edit a post before submitting it and I hit Enter and then immediately started typing. The cursor sometimes seems to do a little hop back to the start of the edit box until the software calculates where to move it to. I think I caught it before the correct position had been calculated and the new text was inserted at the start of the post rather than the end.

I don't like the jumping and flickering that occurs when Enter is hit, but I could live with that if the subsequent text always went where it should do. Text insertion should not take place until the cursor position has been completely updated.

Shaun

Founder
There are a couple of "niggles" with this editor and there's been some discussion on XF about whether to move to a different (more comprehensive) editor in the future - but nothing solid as yet.

In the meantime it's a simple matter of accommodating the few quirks and working with them as best we can (there's another one where the cursor doesn't appear at all - you have to select a smiley to 'activate' the cursor ... ;) ).

TBH I find this simpler one much more well behaved than the previous IPB one ... :thumbsup: ... but as it is part of the package and not something I can personally customise, we're at the mercy of Xenforo and will have to see how they move forward with the editor in the coming months.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom