post your favorite recipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

I need to change my diet urgently and I have no imagination at all. I practicaly live on sausage and beans and salmon and 3x veg
I could use some good recipes for simple home cooking dishes that are easy and quick to make

What are your favorite dishes ?

oxbob

Chicken/Turkey chopped to bite size, fry for 10 min, add to pasta sauce+tin ratouille, mix with penne pasta serve with salad/fresh bread

I'll kick off a real simple one:

Boil up some pasta spirals. In the meantime cut up some chicken breasts into strips or cubes and fry in olive oil. When brown and near cooked add a chopped onion, fry until soft. Then add frozen peas and sweetcorn and chuck in the cooked pasta. Fry for a few minutes and add an egg to finish. When the eggs cooked serve up with a bit of ketchup.

Two pans 15 minutes, easy and tasty.

Mr Pig

Pineapple Cheese Toast.

Toast bread on one side.

Lightly toast/dry on the other then place pineapple pieces on to the toast with thinly sliced cheese on top of that.

Grill until cheese melts.

Eat :0)

oxbob

Try pm'ing Yenrod, he has some corking flash fry recipe's for rabbit/badger/rat, barn owl casserole's

Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add some salt. Add a good handful of rigatoni pasta. Cook until al dente or how you like it. 7-10 mins.

Meanwhile over a medium heat in a large frying pan, with a good glug of olive oil, melt a couple of anchovy fillets (or anchovy paste). Add chopped onion, chopped garlic, red pepper and broccoli florets and cook until broccoli is just turning soft. Then add drained tin of tuna, a couple of shakes of tabasco, more olive oil if it looks too dry. Freshly ground black pepper and some fresh basil or coriander.

Drain the pasta, add that to the frying pan, stir it all up to coat the pasta.

Serve hot with a crusty roll.

Noodley

peanut said:
I need to change my diet urgently and I have no imagination at all. I practicaly live on sausage and beans...

So far it sounds as if you'd be better sticking to the sausages and beans!

oxbob

Crackle AKA hairy arsed deliah!!

Abitrary

My favourite recipe? Good food. The most important ingredient? Time.

The quick kill modern society has killed off the most important cookery skill.

Cooking with time and care.

got-to-get-fit

easy mousaka

fry lamb mince -500g and 1 onion
add 1 tin chopped tomatoes + 1 can of hot water
add 1+ 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
simmer and stir until reduced so not watery
Add 3/4 jar of grilled aubergines (antipasto) - drain oil out of jar 1st
cook for another 1/2 hr so aubergine softens
chop 2 x tablespoons fresh mint finely and mix into the pan
let cook for 10 mins so mint infuses
crumble 1/2 pack of feta cheese into pan and stir some into pan and allow some to sit on top - serve straight to table with pitta breads and fresh green salad.

Top Bottom