Post your PSI's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Not sure if this has been done before, but thought it might be interesting to create a ref thread of our PSI's on different tyres rims etc and get an indication of use, rider etc.

Mine are 100 psi on Gatorskin hardshells 23's on standard issue ambrosia rims. I weigh in at circa 16/17 stone and ride in most weathers.

kishan

mines on 60 front and back

Both my road bikes have gatorskin hardshells at 100psi, tarmac use only.
The trek has bontreger wheels i believe, the coyote some no-name chinese thingys.

My mountain bike either has racing ralphs at 60psi for road use and the odd bit of dry mud,
or down to 30psi for a days track riding.
If i change the mtb over to my maxxis winter mountain tyres, they're at 30psi everywhere.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Spesh Sectur Elite Commute bike: 110 front 120 rear Armadillo Elite 23's on Shimano RS20's.
Spesh Roubaix Elite Nice bike: 120 front and rear vittorio Rubino 23's on Ultegra's.

VamP

Banned
road bike 90 front 130 rear Ultremo ZX
CX bike - depends on conditions, but ranging from 20 to 35 psi Tufo or FMB tubs

perplexed

Guru
Road bike around 118 psi 23mm gatorskins. Commuter, around 80psi, continentals.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Commuter: continental hardcase - front: 100psi rear: 120psi.
Road bike: Vittoria diamante - front 110psi rear: 135psi

is it generally a good idea to have th erear tyre harder than the front then?? I neve reven thought about doing that.
The rational I believe is there's more weight on the rear and with a lower psi there's more of the tyre in contact with the road and you want the front to be more grippy for control and more comfortable on your hands. However there are probably other reasons too.

Cyclist33

Acting on info on a link posted here a few weeks back, I calculated that for my weight and tyre width, I should be on 90/60 rear/front, so that is what I have been trying... although my inner tubes lose pressure frightfully so it is porbably down to 80/55 by now. I'm 12 stone and the tyres are 25mm Felt "Speed"s.

Was running 100/90 before. Haven't lost any speed or gained any comfort, to be honest!

Stu

Top Bottom