(Postponed)Jays birthday bike ride bonanza - Oxfordshire 200km fast ride 20th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
As its my birthday weekend I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with a 127 mile(200+km) ride for a sandwich. Starting from Hemel Station we head out over the Chilterns towards Gt.Missenden & into the flatness that is Oxfordshire. Theres a couple of lumps to get there but nothing to worry about.

I did this ride with Ian a couple of months ago and learnt from that ride and changed the route accordingly.
I've taken out a lot of the twisty country lanes and replaced with fast sweeping B roads for some excellent cycling.

Stopping after 61 miles at Millets farm centre they have plenty of options for hot & cold food.

Back on the bikes and heading towards Chinnor. At the 100 mile mark in Chinnor there is a BP/CO-OP garage where we can have a quick stop for sugary drinks & chocolate.
From there it is 27 miles of rolling roads through Buckinghamshire and back into Hertfordshire and the delight that is Hemel train station

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 19.41.32.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 19.43.09.png

ROUTE HERE

@toptom @ianrauk @CharlieB @martint235 @rb58 @Michael Adu

Last edited:

toptom

Yes I'm in :birthday:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sounds good Jay look forward to it^_^

Oi Oi....

Michael Adu

Über Member
I thought I could this one the route looks intersting and I have not done much I thonk any riding in that part of the country (keep me posted on others) but will also be on pissed up duities well it will be more recovery on Sunday !

Last edited:
Top Bottom