England : London POSTPONED. Sunday London Ride for Food: Leigh-on-Sea. 17 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
17 March.

A faster ride than the usual Sunday London Ride, so expect a moving average of 13 - 14mph. Leaving HPC at 9.30am and heading to the pretty little fishing village of Old Leigh. Distance is around 40 miles, with a couple of testy hills.

We'll aim for The Peterboat pub, which is the largest pub in the village, with views over the fishing boats and a large outdoor seating area. Old Leigh can get busy though, so a decent lock is recommended. Leigh-on-Sea station is just a few hundred metres away for trains back to London.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide us along a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

If the weather is biblical, there could be postponed.

Hands up if you're interested.

Last edited:

lilolee

Veteran
Yep, depending on when

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
This ride will be on 17 March. I know that’s the same weekend as the FNRttC Southend edition, but not that many Sunday London Riders do both, and those that do are hard core enough.

I’ve edited the title to include the date.

lilolee

Veteran
Shame, I'm away. Have fun guys

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I sense there's not a great deal of interest in this, it being a FNRttC weekend and all. That, combined with an extremely dodgy knee on my part which probably won't manage two long rides in one weekend, means I'm postponing this to some later date. Sorry.

The next Sunday London Ride is our 'death' themes ride on 7 April. There'll be a thread on that shortly.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was planning on being there, but will find alternate roads to ride, assuming the wind and lashing rain have subsided by then!
I don't think I can make the 7th, but will keep an eye out for future rides.

Top Bottom