Potential Benefits of leaving the EU

With all the likelihood of us leaving with no deal in place, what can a future Government do.

As I see it.

• Britain will be able to Re- Nationalise our 'public services' (Water, Electricity ,Gas )
With what? The 350mill a week that was earmarked for the nhs
  • Public Transport (Busses and Trains)
Eh
  • Support our Industry (Steel and Manufacturing)
How
  • Tax Corporations that claim to make no profit in the UK (Starbucks, McD, KFC etc.)
They have allready indicated they wanted to become more of a tax haven to attract businesses

Anything else members can think of?

The return of the workouse to get the lazy benefit mongers to earn their keep? After all they will be able to abolish human rights laws, work time directives, animal rights etc. Maybe a return to leaded petrol, it smelled nicer, we wont have to bother with green legislation.

Yup main benefit, but maybe not for the majority, will be the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and less mobile and more in their place, which is also a very english thing, a return to a proper class system.

You didnt think all the rich mps and multi millionaire backers of brexit were being altruistic did you?

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
View attachment 474710

*I'm not going to edit it just for a missing 'kin apostrophe. *
Three wasted years, wasted £ millions which could have been spent fixing some of the issues we face. Instead, we've embarked on a disastrous route decided by a thin veneer of voters (17.4M -16.8M= about 600,000 people). Can't wait for the look on some leavers faces when the unicorns don't appear and the sun has set on the uplands, liar Farage has p***ed off somewhere so people he conned can't lynch him and a whole ton of effluent hits the air conditioning.

perplexed

Guru
Unfortunately I think a lot of leave voters will probably blame remain voters & remain supporting MP's and turn on them instead. Leave supporting MP's and leaders will probably not try and stop them because the alternative will be putting their hands up and admitting there were never going to be Unicorns, so "There would have been unicorns but the Remoaners chased them away" will be an easier sell...

Other Scapegoats will be Immigrants, the EU, MEP's, Unemployed/diasbled people/Scots/Ireland (NI and ROI)... there's a good long list for the leave campaign leaders to go through.
Yup. As sure as night follows day, non of this will be the Leave campaign's fault. It's already happening. The 'Remoaners' undermining Brexit, blah blah blah... What's really undermining Brexit is cold, hard reality when the fantasies which were sold in 2016 smash headlong into them.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yup. As sure as night follows day, non of this will be the Leave campaign's fault. It's already happening. The 'Remoaners' undermining Brexit, blah blah blah... What's really undermining Brexit is cold, hard reality when the fantasies which were sold in 2016 smash headlong into them.
Turn the argument on it’s head.
The brexitiers have been rubbishing the EU for 30 years. Imagine how great the UK would have been if everyone had got behind the EU and made it work for the UK.

Edwardoka

Shambling ruin of a man
With all the likelihood of us leaving with no deal in place, what can a future Government do.

As I see it.

• Britain will be able to Re- Nationalise our 'public services' (Water, Electricity ,Gas )
  • Public Transport (Busses and Trains)
  • Support our Industry (Steel and Manufacturing)
  • Tax Corporations that claim to make no profit in the UK (Starbucks, McD, KFC etc.)
Anything else members can think of?
You forgot
  • Remilitarising the Tyneland
  • Re-integrating Southern Northern Ireland
  • Drinking Victory Gin
There are others but I'm quite forgetful these days (possibly because of Victory Gin)

Top Bottom