Praise for Evans Crawley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So, on the SMRbtH from Brighton, my saddle pack decided to burst open shedding my Montane jacket into my gears forcing me to a very sudden stop as the jacket wrapped itself round the gears and ripped apart the 105 derailleur and twisted the 105 chain so we couldn't even single speed the bike.

Luckily we were in Crawley as opposed to in deepest countryside. Evans was only a quick hobby horse away. Walking in with my bike I was quickly served by Aaron from the store. No 105 derailleur in stock but they did have a brand new shop soiled Ultegra derailleur for less then the price of a brand new 105 one. Result.

How long will I have to wait for your mechanic to sort the bike out? I was expecting hours. He spoke to the mechanic and said he would do within half an hour. They let me use the employees bathroom to clean the gunk from my hands and also stored Arallsopp's bent while we went for coffee.

We hadn't even finished our coffee when I got a call from Aaron saying the bike was ready to go.

Got back to the shop, new deraillieur, new chain and new gear cable inner and outer, all installed, all indexed up and all running very smoothly. All for the sum of less then £100. A bargain.

We all know Evans get's a bad rep sometimes but the customer service & work done on my bike from Aaron and the mechanic at the Crawley store was top notch second to none. A credit to Evans Cycles of which I emailed Evans head office to let them know that.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Sounds fantastic service that is worthy of praise indeed.

Sometimes I despair of the disinterest shown in some retailers, so it is always nice to hear of tales to the contrary. I think it is a good idea to e-mail head office, because often folk are quick to complain, but less so when the opposite is required.

Ultegra RD - i bet you notice the few grams weight saving:becool:

swede54

I've found several shops where the service seems to better if you look like a cyclist. A few weeks ago I was in one of my LBS's being ignored as usual when an old couple turned up in well used cycling gear and got immediate attention. I had to laugh when they left and got into their car without a bike in sight.

Furkz

Über Member
i live in Crawley and rate them highly, the Gatwick (H/O) branch is even better because they have everything.

For me they are great...

Nearly there

Veteran
Excellent customer service you received Complaint letters/emails far out weigh ones of praise etc ,maybe we should all do it more often.

I went to Evans yesterday. It is wall to wall bicycle pr0n.

"Hi, I am looking for a gear cable"
"Sorry we're out of stock"
"Oh, your kidding?! Wow?! Well OK, while I am here, I need a new crank-extractor"
"Sorry, we're out of stock"

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I had a 500 mile RS80 rear wheel trued by them, 40 miles later while climbing a spoke popped and instant buckle. OK I thought took it back and asked for an FOC re-true, was told the wheel is basicly fecked and needs a total re-build "might as well buy a new one" Took it else where and 3-4 spokes were really low tension and 4-5 were not flat, so twisted and loose spokes, nice.

Top Bottom