Prince Andrew

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
He is hardly Epstein's good friend though is he. *Rolls eyes*
Chances are Andrew will somehow worm his way out of ever having to give evidence.
Family and diplomatic service will pull a few strings behind the scenes.

By dying Epstein denied his victims their day in court, frustrating for yhrm

Maybe something will come of the Ghislaine case, hard to say, the US legal system seems to involve lots of deals behind closed doors, settlements out of court, and buying of peoples silence.

All we can hope is this makes people who might have thought they can get away with abuse, because of their privelege, seniority, coercive power or whatever, think twice and thrice before using other peoples bodies for their own gratification.

The rape conviction rate is on the floor in this country, at any rate, but rape and assault hasn't gone away.

It sounds like the trial process is what puts off a lot of victims, either from coming forward, or continuing with prosecutions.

Something needs to be done about that, victims being better supported through and after trials.

In addition to preventing these assaults happening in the first place,.

Maybe the issues highlighted by this case will help.

We can only hope.. :sad:

Milzy

Guru
Chances are Andrew will somehow worm his way out of ever having to give evidence.
Family and diplomatic service will pull a few strings behind the scenes.

By dying Epstein denied his victims their day in court, frustrating for yhrm

Maybe something will come of the Ghislaine case, hard to say, the US legal system seems to involve lots of deals behind closed doors, settlements out of court, and buying of peoples silence.

All we can hope is this makes people who might have thought they can get away with abuse, because of their privelege, seniority, coercive power or whatever, think twice and thrice before using other peoples bodies for their own gratification.

The rape conviction rate is on the floor in this country, at any rate, but rape and assault hasn't gone away.

It sounds like the trial process is what puts off a lot of victims, either from coming forward, or continuing with prosecutions.

Something needs to be done about that, victims being better supported through and after trials.

In addition to preventing these assaults happening in the first place,.

Maybe the issues highlighted by this case will help.

We can only hope.. :sad:
Most sensible post of the day. Agreed whole heartidly.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I respect that. People said the same when Jimmy Saville was been accused of all kinds. Sometimes things come out after they have died. Andrew is lying and withholding information I feel.
He could just go to the States and talk things through with the investigators, and clear up some loose ends in person.

Like he did when taking three days over breaking off his friendship with Epstein in New York.. I don't see why he is so reluctant, if he has nothing to hide.

I mean apparently he thought it 'cowardly' to do it any other way, with Epstein.

Most sensible post of the day. Agreed whole heartidly.
Thank you.

The abuse, and the victims of it, seem to get massively overshadowed by talk of the rights of the alleged perpetrators.

False allegations brought to court are vanishingly rare, they do happen, of course, but not very often at all.

Outrage at those instances, seems to massively overshadow outrage at the lack of justice for actual victims.

I don't really know why that is.

Milzy

Guru
He could just go to the States and talk things through with the investigators, and clear up some loose ends in person.

Like he did when taking three days over breaking off his friendship with Epstein in New York.. I don't see why he is so reluctant, if he has nothing to hide.

I mean apparently he thought it 'cowardly' to do it any other way, with Epstein.

Thank you.

The abuse, and the victims of it, seem to get massively overshadowed by talk of the rights of the alleged perpetrators.

False allegations brought to court are vanishingly rare, they do happen, of course, but not very often at all.

Outrage at those instances, seems to massively overshadow outrage at the lack of justice for actual victims.

I don't really know why that is.
My sister was abused by a family friend. She was never the same since. After thousands of pounds worth of private therapy she built up two businesses with her husband, a fabrication shop and a paint shop. They had a B&B in the south of France. Then all the past came back to haunt her. Her way to deal with this was booze. It wasn't long before she became an alcoholic. The businesses were run into the ground, they had to go bankrupt. They lost their motorbikes, Range rover & Sold off the b&b as their marriage broke down. She had everything but now is a mess making enemies were ever she goes. That's just a nut shell of it all. People don't realize the damage abuse can cause for the rest of their lives.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
My sister was abused by a family friend. She was never the same since. After thousands of pounds worth of private therapy she built up two businesses with her husband, a fabrication shop and a paint shop. They had a B&B in the south of France. Then all the past came back to haunt her. Her way to deal with this was booze. It wasn't long before she became an alcoholic. The businesses were run into the ground, they had to go bankrupt. They lost their motorbikes, Range rover
& Sold off the b&b as their marriage broke down. She had everything but now is a mess making enemies were ever she goes. That's just a nut shell of it all. People don't realize the damage abuse can cause for the rest of their lives.
That's a very sad story, I hope she can find a way out of that self destructive pattern of behaviour - but it isn't easy when you've had psychological damage like that.

As you say, people don't realise the long term effects, they think it just goes away once the abuse stops.
But it can be masked for decades by all sorts of coping strategies - including busyness.. .

It can leave victims with their self worth on the floor, all ready to be abused again, or even to abuse themselves, or others.

I've been through the same myself.

But after a lot of work, I like to think of myself as a survivor now, rather than a victim.

But the effects are never really 'over' one way or another.

People cope, or don't cope with it, in different ways depending on their resources, personality, support they have, and so forth.

But the effects are long lasting, can travel down the generations to blight lives, if not dealt eith.

It all needs taking a lot more seriously - things like consent - respect for others - the potential for abuse in power imbalanced situations - healthy relationships they need to be properly taught.

It seems to be a bit better in the younger generation - they talk about relationships a lot more ime - almost like they're educating each other - which is really good to see.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Trump comments on his BFF Maxwell but is keen to point out that he's not following any of it or even aware of it really

View: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1285775842048606209?s=20

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Been watching the Maxwell documentary for the past couple of weeks.Second one last night.It seems apt to this,nothing changes.
Is that a whole documentary on the family then??

Well you say nothing changes, but it feels as if things like this are being investigated more vigorously, and exposed a bit more than they were before.

Victims are being listened to, and their testimonies being given greater weight than previously was the case .

I'm hopeful that perpetrators feel less insulated from censure than has been the case, its harder to silence victims.

Might this mean we end up with less abuse happening in the first place?

I don't know, the longer term stats will take a while to form I guess.

Top Bottom