Probable new toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Fourteen weeks ago I bought myself a new toy - one of these

Trice%20Q%203.jpg

Today I crossed the 1000 mile mark about which I am very proud, especially bearing in mind I hadn't cycled for the previous 15 years.

My poor husband has struggled along on his bog-standard road bike, complaining about backache, neckache and backsideache. Anyway, today he decided he wants a recumbent trike too and we fortuitously found a second hand one that we're going to look at on Friday. It's also a Trice Q but this time a NT (narrow track) version and it's a few years old (thus no rear suspension, not something HWMBO is bothered about). It basically looks the same but thinner. HWMBO is thinner than me so perhaps that's fair!

So... will I be buying another one in fourteen weeks' time or do you think that'll be it? And, secondly, what's the collective noun for Trices?

col

Legendary Member
That looks nice,we dont see enough of those round here,well none actually for a long time.

purplemoon

What do you call the ones like that but which only have two wheels like an ordinary cycle? I saw a guy riding one in my village the other day and was absolutely gobsmacked at the speed he was travelling, especially round a tight bend on it :sad:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
A bicycle? The one above is a tricycle.

wafflycat

purplemoon said:
What do you call the ones like that but which only have two wheels like an ordinary cycle? I saw a guy riding one in my village the other day and was absolutely gobsmacked at the speed he was travelling, especially round a tight bend on it :biggrin:

You can have a go on my IceT sometime, should you like.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hah, followed a link or two and found the Trice QNT with the Borealis fairing. HWMBO saw it and was rather taken with it - and he knows he'll be getting a bike which fits it. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with one of those too :tongue:

And, as another aside, I thought cycling was supposed to be cheap! We've spent more on cycling these last few months than we have on our cars!

Top Bottom