1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*proper* goths

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Abitrary, 23 Jan 2008.

1. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Goths. I just don't get 'em.

And aren't they supposed to have evolved to Emo status by now?

3. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Yikes. Already a thread. Please ignore.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

He could have saved on the bus fare and just thrown a stick.

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

If I was a goth, I'd want to look like him. Pinstripe tousers, shiny shoes... a smart coat, and not just one of those Robert Smith type messes.

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

But what would you do about the face?

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

He does look quite smart for a goth. Give him that. And his girlfriend is presumably house trained.

A friend and I once went to the wrong nightclub after a prolonged drinking session and ended up in a giant hall full of goths.....................we were wearing bright orange and red Hawaiian shirts. You could say we stuck out a bit!

8. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I reckon he's wearing those weird intensifying contact lenses...

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

And me!!! I ended up dancing with this 6 foot 7 one who was done up like a panda or something... or rather he was dancing with me and I kept shuffling away whilst trying not to offend him.

10. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Scary!

And thus is the eternal question of 'How do Goths dance?' I never seem to remember - all I recall is a sort of shuffle, but I think that is a kind of 'My Bloody Valentine' shoegazing thing and not Goth dancing at all.

11. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

ah, the sisters of mercy shuffle

12. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Yup, something like it. But then again, maybe like this!

Energetic!

13. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

That's like the one I went to!!!! I don't know what the bloke talking over that was blathering about... it's just dancing.

They should teach all styles of dancing in schools these days. Being a dancing chameleon is an underated skill.

14. col

col Veteran

Live and let live i say,they werent bothering anyone.

15. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Now I watch again, the guy speaking is a total twat. I dance pretty much like that to any sort of music and in my experience most british people do after a few beers.