*proper* goths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Goths. I just don't get 'em.

And aren't they supposed to have evolved to Emo status by now?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

If I was a goth, I'd want to look like him. Pinstripe tousers, shiny shoes... a smart coat, and not just one of those Robert Smith type messes.

Melvil

He does look quite smart for a goth. Give him that. And his girlfriend is presumably house trained.

A friend and I once went to the wrong nightclub after a prolonged drinking session and ended up in a giant hall full of goths.....................we were wearing bright orange and red Hawaiian shirts. You could say we stuck out a bit!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Melvil said:
A friend and I once went to the wrong nightclub after a prolonged drinking session and ended up in a giant hall full of goths.....................!

And me!!! I ended up dancing with this 6 foot 7 one who was done up like a panda or something... or rather he was dancing with me and I kept shuffling away whilst trying not to offend him.

Melvil

Abitrary said:
And me!!! I ended up dancing with this 6 foot 7 one who was done up like a panda or something... or rather he was dancing with me and I kept shuffling away whilst trying not to offend him.

Scary!

And thus is the eternal question of 'How do Goths dance?' I never seem to remember - all I recall is a sort of shuffle, but I think that is a kind of 'My Bloody Valentine' shoegazing thing and not Goth dancing at all.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

ah, the sisters of mercy shuffle

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

That's like the one I went to!!!! I don't know what the bloke talking over that was blathering about... it's just dancing.

They should teach all styles of dancing in schools these days. Being a dancing chameleon is an underated skill.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Now I watch again, the guy speaking is a total twat. I dance pretty much like that to any sort of music and in my experience most british people do after a few beers.

Melvil

There's nowt worse than being one of 'them' at a club - the kind of person who doesn't dance, doesn't do anything apart from lean against the walls like a mediocre media studies teacher, sip their weak as pi** drink and sneer at everyone else who's giving it some.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Yep, sort of like the rugby boys, but at least the rugby boys go mad to the obvious pop stuff in their guarded yet temerarious way

Top Bottom