Proud of my produce.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
Went to the allotment today to harvest my first bumper crop. :biggrin:

harvest1000w.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Went to the allotment today to harvest my first bumper crop. :biggrin:

harvest1000w.jpg

Flippin'eck! Looks superb. It's great when all the hard work pays off- well done!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've got yellow courgettes too. Probably yellow marrows since I haven't been for a few days.

Impressive looking broccoli and cauliflower! nice.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Wow! Well done! Mind you, seeing how much you squeezed out of that back yard last year, I never doubted you'd do well.

It sort of looks like a face - was that artistic arranging?

You're not going to pose with the cauliflowers like Jean at St Nicks are you? ;)

Are you going to try and freeze/preserve any of it? Onions and spuds will keep ok, of course, but if you've got more caulis to come, that's a lot of cauliflower cheese!

bigjim

Legendary Member
I'd love to know how you keep the various pests away from your produce? I'm currently sick of seeing slugs and squirrells living off my fruit trees and bushes.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's a cracking still life, never mind the lovely vegetables! Sharp and a riot of texture and colour.

TVC

Seeing that veg got me in the mood, so me and Mrs VC are just back from a blackberrying session along the Grand Union Canal. There is now a big pot of bramble smoothie chilling in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast.... Thanks Gromit.
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
I have spread the wealth and given some of it away.

I got some enviromesh stuff to keep the pests off. However the veg has grown that much that its burst out from under it. So have problems with white fly and cabbage white butterfly's, who have managed to find themselves stuck in it.

Arch don't tell Sarah, I killed a few caterpillars today.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the picture my boyfriend Bikepete took it. :biggrin:

Top Bottom