PUCH frames...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi

Anyone know much about Puch? ;)
This might be interesting for a SS/fixed conversion:
puch1.jpg

puch2.jpg

puch3.jpg

Cheers,
SD

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Don't know anything about them, but did see an old guy on the train today with one. Not seen Puch bikes since I was a kid

Tel

Veteran
Austrian I think. Generally not renown for quality, those rear dropouts look awful quality (no offence) but for a cheap fixed project it'll be good I reckon.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The guy mailed me another photo this morning and the frame does look very rusty, so I politely refused the option to go for a look. The seat stays looked kind of weird too! I think he know's he won't be able to sell it easily without cleaning it up a lot first... something he hinted at during his e-mail reply.

Will have to keep my eyes peeled for a bargain...

bonj2

Puch are ABSOLUTE shoot!

I once had a puch clubman, and it was sheer misery to ride.

I set about trying to get rid of it in numerous ways - firstly by trying to palm it off to the third world, they turned their nose up at it.

Secondly by trying to sell it to a fella in cornwall - when the courier turned up he said something like 'you'll have to put it in a box, 'co i'm not putting that rusty work of crapola in my nice van!' I didn't have a box, so he f**ed off.

I then tried to get it nicked by putting it up against a wall next to hillsborough barracks, with a sign on it saying 'free for the taking'.
I came back the next day and it had gone, 'oh great', I thought. Someone's had it.
But on closer inspection - someone had just simply put it on the other side of the wall, in some garden.
Far from thinking it was a good bike, they obviously thought it was an eyesore on the landscape.

I then did the rounds of the charity shops.
The first wouldn't take it on health and safety grounds - not surprised really.
The second, I put it in the window and said 'do you want this?' to the woman behind the counter, she went upstairs to ask the manager and I promptly left, without it, thus not giving them the option of refusing it.

That's what people think of puch. Seriously, don't buy one.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
bonj said:
Puch are ABSOLUTE shoot!

I once had a puch clubman, and it was sheer misery to ride.

I set about trying to get rid of it in numerous ways - firstly by trying to palm it off to the third world, they turned their nose up at it.

Secondly by trying to sell it to a fella in cornwall - when the courier turned up he said something like 'you'll have to put it in a box, 'co i'm not putting that rusty work of crapola in my nice van!' I didn't have a box, so he f**ed off.

I then tried to get it nicked by putting it up against a wall next to hillsborough barracks, with a sign on it saying 'free for the taking'.
I came back the next day and it had gone, 'oh great', I thought. Someone's had it.
But on closer inspection - someone had just simply put it on the other side of the wall, in some garden.
Far from thinking it was a good bike, they obviously thought it was an eyesore on the landscape.

I then did the rounds of the charity shops.
The first wouldn't take it on health and safety grounds - not surprised really.
The second, I put it in the window and said 'do you want this?' to the woman behind the counter, she went upstairs to ask the manager and I promptly left, without it, thus not giving them the option of refusing it.

That's what people think of puch. Seriously, don't buy one.

FFS Bonj, get to the point. Do you, or do you not like Puch frames?:wacko:

montage

God Almighty
can PUCH frame's take mudguards bonj?

carvelos

I think you are all being really mean! I've got a 5 speed Puch town bike with an atom??? freewheel, an original chain and cottered cranks that will never wear out or come off.
It had chrome wheels when I bought it on ebay and I managed to not stop one morning and ended up in a river as an alternative to hitting a concrete truck. I decided once was fun but twice might be a bit annoying.----
It now sports a fine pair of alloys courtesy of bankrupt bike stock on ebay. The gear change lever is bendy plastic and the derailleur is possessed and obsessed with third gear so I leave it there out of fear.
My favourite feature it had was a suede saddle that caused scrotal fires and was nice and moist for weeks after a downpour. I put on a Dahon saddle to totally confuse it and let it know I was boss.
It rides beautifully (or I do at least) and the fine folk of Sandown run after me shouting compliments (I think) every time I cruise down the seafront scaring the gulls and making the weight weenies at the cafes sob.

Last edited:
Top Bottom