Pump up the pressure Pump poll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
two different ones, a Topeak mini DX with gauge on the MTB type, and just carry a Topeak Pocket Rocket on the road bikes.

I figure they will get enough air in to get me home, and have done so in the past. Can certainly get up to 100 PSI with either.

NickM

Veteran
Lezyne, because it is beautifully made, comes in different thicknesses and lengths (ooo-er Missus), and most importantly uses a hose (stored inside) to connect to the valve.

It's just too easy to knacker the valve with a push-on pump.

OP
OP
P

peanut

NickM said:
Lezyne, because it is beautifully made, comes in different thicknesses and lengths (ooo-er Missus), and most importantly uses a hose (stored inside) to connect to the valve.

It's just too easy to knacker the valve with a push-on pump.

looks very nice and i like the idea of the flexible hose but why o why o why do manufacturers keep making the end that goes into your palm so goddamn sharp :angry:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Toepeak pocket rocket

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Count me in for the Lezeyne too. It's the only pump I carry when out on the bike. I really see no need for Co2 unless you're doing a triathlon/Ironman and shedding weight. Co2 really is a bit of a gimmik IMHO, you're left with a useless canister, it's expensive, a one off, not easily controlable and fiddly as you like.

The sharp slice your finger off bit has been redesigned I'm told as loads were returned for tha very same reason.

I used emery-cloth gingerly round the eddge of the pump handle so as to take the edge off but not scratch the machined finish.

I do love it tho, I bought their 12S Mini Tool too which is also a delight.

Top Bottom