Puncture kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yes. Got a Lezyne puncture kit as a present 2 years ago. Have used several of the self adhesive patches from that and have had no problems. I use pressures of 100psi and the patched tubes are still in service!

I'd say Parks instant patches are better. In this sort of cold, wet weather, it's difficult to be sure if the glue is drying OK with the traditional method. Put a Parks patch on, and you're sorted. I've had tyres last 4-5 years with umpteen number of patches. I think my record was 8 before deciding I really ought to buy a new inner tube.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm astounded at how well they work. I tried some when they first came out, about 8 years ago or so, and they were rubbish then. Obviously the adhesive has improved!!

Peteaud

Veteran
I have both the park and the topeak ones.

I have converted 2 other recently to them as well.

Dont leave home without them, i have never had one fail yet.

Might get some parks patches myself.
I've been using the old method of glue/wait/add patch .... bit of a problem when the temperature is below 10 degrees and damp.

Edge705

Leyzene for me However park tools are good too what I like the Leyzene kit because it has the metal scourer and a tyre patch if you get an hole in the tyre also comes in a tidy aluminium encasement thingymajg nice touch not the cheapest though

I am swithering as well now. Last time I used Parks was a few years ago and they were fine to get home, but not as a long term repair. If things have improved I may get some next time I go to the LBS

Top Bottom