Puncture Resistant Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phixion

My new bike is equipped with Continental Ultra Race tyres, I was considering buying some puncture resistant tyres, which do you guys recommend?

Will it really decrease my risk of getting punctures? What brand/model would you recommend?

Cheers

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Marathon Plus tyres are very tough. They don't make them narrower than 700 x 25C however. Here is the list of sizes...

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1071-schwalbe-tires-marathon-plus.html

cyclegeek

I use continetal gator skins, I ride everyday (or when ever I could during the winter) and have had no issues in the 6months that I have had them. Can get them in 23c.

ELL

Über Member
I tried Gator skins and got a puncture after about my 6th ride on them and found they slid alot on even slightly damp roads. I have now got specialized armadillo and have no problem with them at all.

aberal

Veteran
I've had Continental Gatorskins for a year and haven't had a single puncture. I've read that some people have problems in the wet, but I rode on them all through winter and never experienced that at all.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Botrager Hardcase Racelights if you want fast and p*ncture proof. They're a tad 'hard' riding though, but worth it for the extra pace.

Bicycle

+1 for Conti Ultra Gatorskins from me.

Thousands of commuting miles (former office 22 miles away) and no probs.

They come in 700c x 23 size.

I too have ridden in very wet and slippery conditions on them and found them no more wayward than I'd expect a narrow, high-pressure tyre to be.

A road bike on 23s will never be an MTB on knobblies, but these work for me.

:smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use gator skins and still get a flat about every 6 weeks .

I have to use a section of cyclepath with glass shards on it , if i get one it is always there

Maybe look at the gator skin hardshell, scwable durbao plus or i am leaning towards specialized roubaix 2 as my next tyre.

BodZorg

Armadillos seconded, it would take a nail or something to puncture one of those. Not the fastest (or cheapest) of tyres but you should be able to get a good few thousand miles (on the rear wheel, even longer on the front obviously) before the tread literally falls off.

gannet

gatorskins here and puncture free so far (4 months)... no problems here in the wet either...

previous sport contacts were terrible.

Top Bottom