Query about Brooks Saddle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
I have recently been given an old road bike, it had a brooks saddle on it (Very comfortable i might add) But while cycling today it decided to break at the nose (No weight jokes please) Is there any way to get it re-covered? would need 2 new rivets and the leather cover i guess, although not knowing the anatomy of the saddle i really wouldnt know!

Thanks for any help,

Ryan: Cycling newbie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Welcome RyanW

Brooks fan here too. You can certainly call Brooks customer service and find if it's possible to fix, but to be honest I would expect the cost to be prohibitive unless it had some rarity. New Brooks saddles are available and still really comfortable, I know, I have 2! Prices vary so it pays to look around though.

Enjoy the forum!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Look on the website
Im sure thats about the only thing they cant do.
Mainly because you might aswell just buy a complete new saddle.
Although, worth a try to see if they can fix it i suppose.

longers

Legendary Member
It can be done I think, I'm sure I've read of someone with a Ti railed one having it done. As FF says, it might not be economical but it does no harm to ask them. Let us know how it goes please.

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Hmmm, seems it will be a bit too pricey from what you guys have said, considering it was a freebie to spend £60-£100 to get a saddle fixed seems exessive (That how much i presume it would cost looking at there site)

I have had to get a cheapo £13 one from halfords (I was about 5 miles from home before it decided to die on me) and i can say with some certanty i will be looking for a new brooks saddle asap.

I will also add it is about 20 years old, so all in all its had a pretty long life, seems im cursed as it broke as soon as i got it!

Thanks for the advice guys, will call Brooks anyways, cant hurt to ask!

bonj2

RyanW said:
Hmmm, seems it will be a bit too pricey from what you guys have said, considering it was a freebie to spend £60-£100 to get a saddle fixed seems exessive (That how much i presume it would cost looking at there site)

I have had to get a cheapo £13 one from halfords (I was about 5 miles from home before it decided to die on me) and i can say with some certanty i will be looking for a new brooks saddle asap.

I will also add it is about 20 years old, so all in all its had a pretty long life, seems im cursed as it broke as soon as i got it!

Thanks for the advice guys, will call Brooks anyways, cant hurt to ask!

you can get a new brooks for less than that.

Top Bottom