Questions for you all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tradesecrets

1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ?

2 - does spending x amount on a brand model make you feel any better

3 - Do you always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all times

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights

5 - Do you listen to you ipad when cycling on roads / cycle tracks

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective

8 - how many of you are members of cycling clubs

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink ..

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water ..

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part or any better or because you have feel you need to fit in with your fellow cyclists when out for a group ride ... and would they shun you if you appeared wearing jeans and a tshirt

1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ?

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink ..

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water ..

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part or any better or because you have feel you need to fit in with your fellow cyclists when out for a group ride ... and would they shun you if you appeared wearing jeans and a tshirt

It's late and why not answer a few trolling questions...

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 couple hundred
5 Yes
6 Yes
7 No
8 Yes ( I have no idea about everyone else)
9 No
10 Every time I've ever ran out of water
11 Yes
12 Yes (usually it's me)
13 Better (if better equals faster) and yes, yes they would shun me and leave me behind.

5 - Do you listen to your [iPhone] when cycling on roads / cycle tracks

1 Yes
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 Depends what you want them for. £40-£60 for commuting.
5 Yes
6 Sometimes
7 No
8 No - I like to go out for a couple of hours, the idea of spending all day at it just doesn't appeal TBH.
9 Not fussed, I don't watch them.
10 Never needed to, I always take enough fluid and carry some cash anyway, (just in case but never needed it except in Lanzarote)
11 ^
12 I don't ride on cycle tracks.
13 Yes to feeling better, n/a for the group bit as I either ride alone or with a mate, and we don't take each other too seriously.

Jaristokraatti

1 - camel backs are truly a good investment * What is a camel back?

2 - does spending x amount * Of course,Trek is my choise.

3 - Do you always take spare tubes * Would be stupid not to

4 - comes to bike lights * ride during the day and save money

5 - Do you listen to your ipod * I AM NOT THAT STUPID AND SUICIDAL! Do not do it yourself. See, hear and be alive.

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting * When you ride like the wind, there is no need for sprinting.

7 - Cycling top's * Well hello, you talk to the man who just ordered his SECOND individual set made. With my design, my logo and my website, my telephone number...

8 - members of cycling clubs * just joined as I want to do a 12 h time trial and you have to be in a club

9 - cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work * I hope cringworthy is a synonym for stupid, as that is what I think of them. A bit like telling of your dreams to other people or discussing about East Street soap the next day at work as if they were for real.

10 - a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink .. * Gordon every time, no other. Should ride more with G but as he is past 70, the speed is not the same as mine.

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door * Oh yes, always had a nice response and a good chat.

12 - some cyclists seem to think they are in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track * Why do you cycle if not for the speed rush?

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part * Why would I want to ride wearing jeans and T shirt? They are not made for cycling. A bit like using tongs to hammer a nail, you can do that and a lot of people have done that when the hammer is lost. If I pay thousands of pounds for my bike, why would I not use proper gear.

screenman

Legendary Member
Smokysmoo, why the answer to number 8, could we be misleading people who are thinking about joining a club. I have been a member of Lincoln Wheelers for 23 years and have never been out for a whole day with them. In fact most events rides are seldom more than a couple of hours or 3 at most.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
here goes

1. never ridden a camel ?
2.no , high price does not always mean good quality or service
3. no to spare tubes on daily commute
4. ones that do the job required
5. no i sing or talk to myself as its much safer
6. stay sat on saddle at all times
7. no normal clothing only
8. in my own exclusive club
9. never used video camera
10. never
11. never but have nearly knocked and asked to use toilet for a wee
12. to save money and help with fitness
13. i always make sure i have the correct thong on for the job !!!!

ThePainInSpain

My Camelbak was a brilliant investment, it's a McKinley and the missus bought it for me, brand new, off a car-boot sale for €1 (at today's exchange rate about £0.90)

apollo179

What are camelbacks?
I sometimes sprint just for the sake of it wearing a t-shirt.
I think its cringeworthy other people posting videos of their commute to work but in a good (cycling community) way.
Never been offered drink by a fellow cyclist but have been more than once by members of the public.
Obviously were all competing in our own personal tdf.
I do wear jeans and a t-shirt and yes i am shunned.

Jezston

Über Member
Never owned one, don't appeal. Get manky - what's wrong with bottles?

As opposed to what?

I should, but I don't. Disorganisation rather than anything.

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights.
A good light at a good price. Question is too general.

I'd be surprised if anyone used an iPad as a music player when cycling. They're a bit delicate and cumbersome! I do use a phone with bluetooth headphones, though.

Maybe

No. Jerseys have useful pockets and decent ones deal with heat, rain and most importantly sweat WAY better than tshirts. How useful this is depends on how far you are riding and how hard.

Sort of an informal one without membership, so strictly speaking I'm not.

No. Why would someone think it was?

You mean a friend or a complete stranger? What an odd question!

Not someone's house, no. I've got water from pubs though.

No. And it's 'they're'. I haven't met any cyclists suffering from delusional schizophrenia manifesting itself in them somehow believing they are in fact in another part of the world taking part in an event they are not.

I think maybe you have issues with cyclists who are faster than you! ;)

pepecat

1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ? - Nope, not me.

2 - does spending x amount on a brand model make you feel any better - Again, no.

3 - Do you always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all times - Yes.

4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights - Ones that work well and have decent battery life.

5 - Do you listen to you ipad when cycling on roads / cycle tracks - Never.

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going - No.......

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective - No, cycle tops are great. Where else do you put phone / sweets / money / waterproof?

8 - how many of you are members of cycling clubs - No

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work - No not really. If you think so, don't watch them

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink - Never

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water - No

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track - Yep, but that's fine. They're probably way fitter than me.

(though when I'm pushing it up hills, I AM andy schleck......)

- If i wore jeans and a t shirt i would get hot and sweaty FAR too quickly, my bum would be sore after about ten mins, and I would want to go home. Wearing the 'gear' doesn't make me feel the part (or better), it makes me feel comfortable and cool (or warm depending on the weather), and means I don't get trouser legs caught in chains.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
1 - How many of you actually believe that camel backs are truly a good investment ? not sure

2 - does spending x amount on a brand model make you feel any better no

3 - Do you always take spare tubes and a repair kit at all times Just the tubes
4 - What do you regard as very good value for money when it comes to bike lights if it lights up I'm ok with it

5 - Do you listen to you iphone when cycling on roads / cycle tracks Don't own one but I travel with an ipod

6 - do you make a habit of sprinting whilst out on the bike even though there is no point .. because you all the time in the world to get where your going there is always a point! I like to keep the heart pumping

7 - Cycling top's do you believe they are a waste of money and a simple tshirt is just as effective Cycling tops all the way. Definitely a great investment

8 - how many of you are members of cycling clubs no

9 - do you believe it's cringworthy of other cyclists posting video's of there cycle to work Not all. Some are great but there are a few that post to promote themsleves. Porche drivers lol

10 - How many times have you been out for a cycle and a fellow cyclist has offerd you a drink . A few times from friends. Never from a nrew aquaintance though I have given drinks away to new aquaintences

11 - Have you ever run out of water / juice and knocked on a door whilst out in the countryside and asked for water .. The 3 Bears and Hansel and Grettel ........ not likely!

12 - whilst out have you ever noticed how some cyclists seem to think there in the TDF whilst hammering it along a cycle track Sometimes that's me and yes

13 - do you honestly believe that wearing all the gear makes you feel the part or any better or because you have feel you need to fit in with your fellow cyclists when out for a group ride ... and would they shun you if you appeared wearing jeans and a tshirt They'd proably just think my attire was impractical if I wore jeans etc. Cycling gear is designed for cycling. The logo means little but how it fits and aids performance is paramount

Top Bottom