Quick book plug

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by bobg, 9 Apr 2008.

1. bobg

bobg Über Member

Came back from a ride this morning, had a shower and picked up a book called A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg. In an age of "stress worry and hurry hurry , this is the antidote if you want a nice feel good read where everything turns out perfectly in the end... I believe I felt my eye watering at one stage ... still always was a softy. She also wrote Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe which was turned into a film. read it and make yourself happy!!
    BTW Just to share an odd moment .... while tootling along in the sunshine on my bike yesterday I watched a big old bee coming towards me and I thought ... how lovely ... spring. As is my habit when riding, my mouth was hanging open in a Forest Gumpy kinda way .................................. and the xxxx thing flew straight into my mouth. Not recommended ... luckily I didn't swallow and he /she didn't sting :smile: but not an ideal high energy snack.....

2. OP
    OP
    bobg

bobg Über Member

Sorry didnt see the "what are you reading thread":blush:

3. As long as it gave you a bit of a buzz Bob... :biggrin:

4. OP
    OP
    bobg

bobg Über Member

I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist ... I did wonder if it was going along minding its own business thinking ahh Spring, those daft sods on bikes are out etc... then posted a message on its Beechat site... sorry its the tablets.

5. The title on the bee chat thread probably went along the lines of...

"Kids, I shrunk the Honey..."

night night bees everywhere, and humans too.:biggrin:

6. OP
    OP
    bobg

bobg Über Member

Yoe sent me some of your tablets and I'll send you some of mine:thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice