Quotes on this forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
OK, it's dumb question of the day time folks. When responding to specific posts on here- how do I get any quotes from another poster to appear in one of them nice neat blue boxes? I keep pressing the quote button , but the text just appears as normal and it looks like something what I've writ instead of a quote. :angry:

potsy

Rambler
Glow worm said:
OK, it's dumb question of the day time folks. When responding to specific posts on here- how do I get any quotes from another poster to appear in one of them nice neat blue boxes? I keep pressing the quote button , but the text just appears as normal and it looks like something what I've writ instead of a quote. :angry:
Like that;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
When you press the 'quote' button it prepeares the text to display in that box, but won't actually show it until you either preview the post, or just post it (with your added text). As has been said, everything between the [quote ] and [/quote ] (ignore the spaces in there - needed to put them or it wouldn't display it) will be in the blue box.

Simples! :angry:

OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
When you press the 'quote' button it prepeares the text to display in that box, but won't actually show it until you either preview the post, or just post it (with your added text). As has been said, everything between the [quote ] and [/quote ] (ignore the spaces in there - needed to put them or it wouldn't display it) will be in the blue box.

Simples! :ohmy:

Blimey it worked ! - doddle - thanks folks!
I'll get my head around all this computer stuff one day.

Top Bottom