Railway modellers - come on, out of the woodwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Argh - run for cover. :whistle:

OP
OP
P

PeteT

Argh - run for cover. :whistle:

That's exactly what they said on the railway modellers forum when I mentioned cycling!

OP
OP
P

PeteT

[QUOTE 1570605"]
Currently building some gauge 3 wagons for a layout of St Ives station, which will get its first outing at Warley next year.

Also working on a 5" gauge class 14 diesel, though others are doing the technical bits.
[/quote]

Impressed!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
when i was a kid my train set was one of my favourite toys; a simple oval (5'x3') with a couple of sidings which slid under my bed. Dad gave it an authentic grassy terrain by painting the board it was nailed to matt green, and i spent many a rainy day making buildings, tunnels and bridges out of cornflake boxes.

I eventually flogged the trains and carriages to a friend who was building a giant post nervous breakdown in his cellar... I saw it several years later and was suitably impressed my trains' new home.

It's still a potential retirement plan. :thumbsup:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PayRNfque4w[/media]

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_1Heq9DM68[/media]

classic33

Leg End Member
Mainly a collection of A3's & A4's in OO.

Working where they're sold means I have more time to pick & choose which I want to buy.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Used to be in my teens. N scale. Sold it all to buy a motorbike.

a spooky coincidence. Mine all went to finance a Guzzi V50, but the wood-working, electrical, papier mache making, soldering and kit building skills I got through playing with model trains have lasted a lifetime

What did you get with yours btw?

EDIT: But I got so bored this week I actually bought and read a copy of railway modeller!I sometimes fantasise about going back to railway modelling given the amount of room we have spare at home but Mrs Collins would surely evict me.

Top Bottom